ALL THINGS FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Charlie Cooper sent off for FGR, although some may say that is a good thing. Two nil to Wycombe at HT.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed, now our season is petering out to mediocrity, on days like to day where we look set to lose a midtable clash, following the antics of FGR provides some interest.

Just came across this comedy Twitter feed: https://mobile.twitter.com/byebyefgr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Has Coops been sent to the stands 3 times this season? Apparently so :lol: "Coops In"
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Charlie Cooper sent off for FGR, although some may say that is a good thing. Two nil to Wycombe at HT.
It was a good thing. We looked far better without that pair of tools.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vince speaks out on current shambles:

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... sity-vince" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
"I think Mark is the right man."

“We’ve got a long future together as we push up through the leagues."

Good to see he still thinks he is going to walk the divisions
confused.com
I still think he is the right man lol. Seismic difference is saying he is the right man and I think he is the right man
Ralph
I think he's the right man too.. Going down lol
Shade
So, a vote of confidence for the manager.

Sacked on Saturday night, then.
The Old TomCat
confused.com wrote:I read in the middle of the FGR meltdown discussion, that LM has to have a cataract operation. Now that would explain a lot!!!
Also laughed at OTC rambling on saying in monetary terms they are well below most in L2
Confused.com, you should have done your homework before trying to win brownie points on my post on another forum.
If you had checked it out you would have seen that my argument was instantly agreed with by original poster. My post could have equally applied to CTFC, another club with small crowds.
I’ll post it here but substituting CTFC for FGR:

“Lincoln had that wonderful FA Cup run last season which added £ millions to their coffers. Plus they are averaging 8,616 supporters against CTFC’s 3,139, a difference of 5,477 to Lincoln and close to the entire capacity of WR.
Lincoln have a lot, an awful lot more money than CTFC.
They can compete and win higher grade players because they are prepared to pay them many times higher wages.”

Confused.com I suggest that you as a Cheltenham Town FC supporter just concentrate on your own club. You have fallen flat on your face trying to make mischief for me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
confused.com wrote:I read in the middle of the FGR meltdown discussion, that LM has to have a cataract operation. Now that would explain a lot!!!
Also laughed at OTC rambling on saying in monetary terms they are well below most in L2
Confused.com, you should have done your homework before trying to win brownie points on my post on another forum.
If you had checked it out you would have seen that my argument was instantly agreed with by original poster. My post could have equally applied to CTFC, another club with small crowds.

“Lincoln had that wonderful FA Cup run last season which added £ millions to their coffers. Plus they are averaging 8,616 supporters against CTFC’s 3,139, a difference of 5,477 to Lincoln and close to the entire capacity of WR.
They can compete and win higher grade players because they are prepared to pay them many times higher wages.”

Confused.com I suggest that you as a Cheltenham Town FC supporter just concentrate on your own club. You have fallen flat on your face trying to make mischief for me.
Here is the FGR version: "They are owned by Ecotricity, an energy company who bankrolled the club to the tune of £2-3million losses a year during the last few years, and have enough cash to build a new training facility and stadium from scratch without leveraging debt, and have more money than pretty much any team in L2"

So yes Lincoln may have more money than CTFC, but not FGR. You lot are the Man City of the lower leagues in terms of an open cheque book from an energy generating owner. That is why fans of every club in L2 are laughing at you being bottom. Money can't buy instant success you nouveau riche moneybags club.
confused.com
The Old TomCat wrote:

Why don't you cut and paste the complete article you posted OTC, instead of just select the one item re Lincoln's cup Money. The sentences were you portray yourselves as the little penniless amateur club at the top of a hill, Who have suddenly found themselves in with the mega rich, who have money to burn?
There are very few clubs in L2 throwing money around in the hope of buying success. DV is one.
horlickfanclub
Forest Green have signed a decent centre half/left back from Port Vale.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Forest Green have signed a decent centre half/left back from Port Vale.
Aye. Was on a 6th month contract which ran out on 1st January. He didn't sign a new one once he knew Vince's millions were sniffing. Wonder if PV can make a case for FGR tapping him up.

Shows how important it was Eisa was tied down, otherwise he could have left and signed elsewhere this week.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Forest Green have signed a decent centre half/left back from Port Vale.
Aye. Was on a 6th month contract which ran out on 1st January. He didn't sign a new one once he knew Vince's millions were sniffing. Wonder if PV can make a case for FGR tapping him up.
They don't have a case and have no issue whatsoever with us signing him., All players approaching the end of their contract will be looking around/talking to other clubs to see what's on offer.

You can even sign pre-contract agreements 6 months before the end of your contract in the Prem, so at lower levels where players need to earn to pay their mortgages, it would be crazy to expect them to wait until they're out of work before they start looking for future employers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
They don't have a case and have no issue whatsoever with us signing him., All players approaching the end of their contract will be looking around/talking to other clubs to see what's on offer.

You can even sign pre-contract agreements 6 months before the end of your contract in the Prem, so at lower levels where players need to earn to pay their mortgages, it would be crazy to expect them to wait until they're out of work before they start looking for future employers.
So why did Vince report CTFC to the FA?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Police now investigating FGR following their unsavoury and unwelcome behaviour at Lincoln.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ ... ln-1005164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I-Love-CTFC
Forest Green set to sign Reuben Reid from Exeter.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... en-1017907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RR was one I thought we should go for (as mentioned in another thread) once it was clear he was up for grabs a few weeks ago. I guess FGR have more cash.
I-Love-CTFC
Money talks. Going from a team in 7th to bottom of the league says it all.
Ihearye
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Money talks. Going from a team in 7th to bottom of the league says it all.
The word mercenary springs to mind, obviously there for one reason only. Good luck to him I say!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Money talks. Going from a team in 7th to bottom of the league says it all.
The word mercenary springs to mind, obviously there for one reason only. Good luck to him I say!
Luckily, as seen with FGR's failure to get promoted for so long, mercenaries do not always have the drive and commitment to fight for the cause, so hopefully Reid cares more about his wage and the vegan pies than he does keeping FGR in their false position in the EFL.
horlickfanclub
A two and a half year contract and nearer home. We all like job security. Why the cynical comments?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:A two and a half year contract and nearer home. We all like job security. Why the cynical comments?
True, depends on motivation I guess. Some players strive to play at the highest level they can, others happy to stay at a lower level if better financially/geographically.
Malabus
FGR want Dillon Phillips. They offered £60k

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:FGR want Dillon Phillips. They offered £60k

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
An upgrade on Special Agent Collins. Phillips is a Robin for life. Not only would he make Collins style comedy howlers at the same frequency, he’d also stamp on the shins of Doidge and Reid in training.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Keith Stroud the ref at TNL today. Conflict of interest surely.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reid scores.
Nesty
sacked for eating meat??

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... et-1026347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
On the FGR forum they are livid at the 'biassed' Echo who 'hate FGR', etc.
Shade
Wouldn't be any surprise if they were given the way their reporter was treated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Kim Jong Vince strikes! A thread debating Charlie Cooper's contribution to the FGR team resulted in this: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
A thread regarding one of the younger players has been removed due to the personnel attack on an individual.

Please take note of the forum rules.
I thought OTC said they wrote with a higher standard of English over there! :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well technically I suppose the more critical posts of Charlie Cooper could be viewed as attacks on FGR/Ecotricity personnel!

:lol:
Ralph
Another thread removed lol. No free speech over there