Pell

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Faces real competition for his place if Nige keeps his fitness and sharpness. A nice problem to have for Gary.

Morrell must be in the central positions, which means, does Winch have to stay at full back?
longmover
Competition has been lacking in the squad and nobody was in any danger of being replaced, no coincidence that two new first team faces arrive and we get a result like this. players now having to step up to earn a place.
Robin
Not sure you can claim competition when we've gone four out and two in, in doing so we started two of our weaker players today (Grimes/Wright).
Oldun
I know that when I post I run the risk of being on the end of name calling and abuse from some of the mindless posters on the Nest. I had decided not to bother again but can't resist one more observation.
On the question of Grimes (and Boylo) it seems to me that GJ prefers the former. Earlier in the season Grimesy was in and Boylo was not. Today the same. Interesting.
ctfc-fan
Oldun wrote:I know that when I post I run the risk of being on the end of name calling and abuse from some of the mindless posters on the Nest. I had decided not to bother again but can't resist one more observation.
On the question of Grimes (and Boylo) it seems to me that GJ prefers the former. Earlier in the season Grimesy was in and Boylo was not. Today the same. Interesting.
Have you tried the new forum from Admin?

http://www.gloucestershiresport.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Not sure you can claim competition when we've gone four out and two in, in doing so we started two of our weaker players today (Grimes/Wright).
For centre mid however......
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Not sure you can claim competition when we've gone four out and two in, in doing so we started two of our weaker players today (Grimes/Wright).
But Boyle on the bench so is he weaker than Grimes????
Robin
Not in my opinion he's not.
THECHOIRBOY
My guess is Grimes is there for leadership and maybe as him and WB are both left footed centre backs, with Manny in it gives Grimes the opportunity to play left side. One assumes GJ may feel this will reduce the errors as some seem to be him getting in a tangle almost with himself which could be linked to that!!
Shade
The only thing I can stick up for Grimes with is that both of his most recent mistakes have been when he's been playing on the right side of defence, and he's left footed. Now, both mistakes were made with his left foot but let's not go into that... Personally, I'd have Boyle over Grimes any day but we won on Saturday but surely Grimes is on a last chance, i.e. one more bad mistake and Boyle's in.

On another note, some nice passing out from Manny in the build up to at least one of our goals on Saturday.
Rick
Shade wrote:The only thing I can stick up for Grimes with is that both of his most recent mistakes have been when he's been playing on the right side of defence, and he's left footed. Now, both mistakes were made with his left foot but let's not go into that... Personally, I'd have Boyle over Grimes any day but we won on Saturday but surely Grimes is on a last chance, i.e. one more bad mistake and Boyle's in.

On another note, some nice passing out from Manny in the build up to at least one of our goals on Saturday.
Boyle has more pace as well.
horlickfanclub
Sad to see Boyle left out. Looking at the fixture list I hope he is back in for Grimes very soon.