It’s all gone quiet....?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Oldun
Wanted to post exactly that Ben but thought it would bring more name calling and abuse from those who disagree with everything I post. Tis true though. Absolutely bang on!
Cue being accused of love fest with Ben2....
vickeryc
Agree. Too many on here just love to moan. ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great win and would be great to hear first hand accounts if any posters did travel.
paperboy
Ben2 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else notice that when we win the board is relatively quiet?

When we lose it’s alight with traffic.

Certain posters only post when we lose to niggle, moan and whinge on and on. But when we’re doing well they disappear for a bit

Last week we lost 4-1, greeted with glee by the same old sad-sacks. 42 posts in the evening on the match thread. Yesterday we won 4-1, a measly 24 posts on the match thread.

That’s really sad. What a way to live, looking forward to defeats so you can have a pop at management, players, fans etc, but not enjoying it when we win
Totally agree with yourself and Oldun.

Mind you some might think it's slightly sad to count the number of posts. :-)
Nesty
Couldnt get on here last night, just saw the highlights on the TV, wow, what a turn around, well done to the lads, Hope it wont always be remembered for the red card, we played enough decent football to have won the game in any case. what was the new fella like ?

was that the last time we will see Stoz? Has Wright earned a reprieve? slightly surprised to see Grimes preferred to Boyle.

again well done to the lads, get a few more newbies in and who knows
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:Couldnt get on here last night, just saw the highlights on the TV, wow, what a turn around, well done to the lads, Hope it wont always be remembered for the red card, we played enough decent football to have won the game in any case. what was the new fella like ?

was that the last time we will see Stoz? Has Wright earned a reprieve? slightly surprised to see Grimes preferred to Boyle.

again well done to the lads, get a few more newbies in and who knows
Gary didn’t seem happy with Wright post match.

If Nige and Pell are both fit then Stoz is third choice for that role so a squad player at best.

Spot on what you say Nesty. Ten, eleven or twelve men, the way we played with the drive and movement in attack would have beaten anyone in this league.

What a difference having two mobile pacey strikers, with Sellars as well. Too much for defences to handle. With Morrell and Winchester providing guile and creativity and Dawson and Nige making the opponent know that if they don’t lose the ball they lose an ankle, and then driving forward and passing well themselves.

Shame for Stoz, but no way could he deliver the pace, drive and forward passes we produced today.
Artemis
Nice bit of baiting from Daws to elicit the shoves / punches for the red card...... :-)
Rick
Oldun wrote:Wanted to post exactly that Ben but thought it would bring more name calling and abuse from those who disagree with everything I post. Tis true though. Absolutely bang on!
Cue being accused of love fest with Ben2....
Agree with you both.
theidlerich
Really looking forward to Saturday when 'we' hope to see a similar second half effort for the whole game. Would also like to hear from any forum poster re players yesterday. Did the tactics work; players in position [round holes /round pegs for a change etc...etc..]; certainly a timely substitution for a change.
art vandalay
I think it's just that people are more concerned when we lose and want to discuss how the wrongs can be righted. This is an easier topic upon which to make claims and counter claims than to discuss what went right after a win. Across society, negative news draws more comment than positive news.

Of course Ben lives in an alternative reality where we have a cluster of fans hoping we lose every game. Absolutely nuts.
little mo
Or could it just be that some of us posters were driving back from Colchester and too fecked to come on here when we got home. And you accuse other people of being negative. Usual ones on here telling us all where we went wrong and where we did right, and not even there.
confused.com
little mo wrote:Or could it just be that some of us posters were driving back from Colchester and too fecked to come on here when we got home. And you accuse other people of being negative. Usual ones on here telling us all where we went wrong and where we did right, and not even there.
OK one last post, because this is the best post on here for months. Exactly!! Myself, I only ever comment on games I have actually sat and watched. If it's good I say it's good. If it's poor, I say it's poor. If I wasn't there, I listen to those that were and say nothing, as my opinion would be worthless.

Thanks for the pm that explained the foes list. May give it a go next season
asl
Rick wrote:
Oldun wrote:Cue being accused of love fest with Ben2....
Agree with you both.
Ménage à trois, monsieur...?

;)
Ralph
confused.com wrote:
little mo wrote:Or could it just be that some of us posters were driving back from Colchester and too fecked to come on here when we got home. And you accuse other people of being negative. Usual ones on here telling us all where we went wrong and where we did right, and not even there.
OK one last post, because this is the best post on here for months. Exactly!! Myself, I only ever comment on games I have actually sat and watched. If it's good I say it's good. If it's poor, I say it's poor. If I wasn't there, I listen to those that were and say nothing, as my opinion would be worthless.

Are you threatening to leave forever...again? Must of missed a post somewhere in my excitement that we won streaming the game last night on Ifollow

And i'll agree with the OP, yes it is quieter on here when we win
Nesty
I absolutely get that people only feel comfortable with posting comments on games they have attended, thats why to an extent I usually wait until I have seen at least potted highlights.
confused.com
Ralph wrote:
confused.com wrote:

Are you threatening to leave forever...again? Must of missed a post somewhere in my excitement that we won streaming the game last night on Ifollow

And i'll agree with the OP, yes it is quieter on here when we win
Please take this as an invitation /request to delete my account.
forum
noun
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged

LMAO. No wonder the site is dying
Ralph
confused.com wrote:

Please take this as an invitation /request to delete my account.
Just the one account? Or....
robinsrule
Being quiet must also have something to do with the fact that we only had 100 at Colchester, of whom maybe a dozen post on here? Not too much to discuss if nobody has seen the game.