Another Cup Draw dictated by BBC producers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hope you all bought shares in Kleenex; BBC will be creaming themselves big time over the 4th Round Draw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42614763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Christ, Yeovil are the lowest ranked team left already. That's pretty dull.

Form what I heard, the BBC's games over the weekend that they chose were both borefests.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Christ, Yeovil are the lowest ranked team left already. That's pretty dull.

Form what I heard, the BBC's games over the weekend that they chose were both borefests.
Yup. Fleetwood vs Leicester was dire. Starting my tax return whilst watching was much more interesting.
Nesty
how do these teams like Yeovil, Burton, Hereturd keep getting these plum draws!!, they are like fecking magnets
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:how do these teams like Yeovil, Burton, Hereturd keep getting these plum draws!!, they are like fecking magnets
See the thread title. TV companies know what they want to see so ensure it happens. Why do you think so many draw rehearsals are done.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Starting my tax return whilst watching was much more interesting.
Jeez...cutting it fine, aren't you? Hope you're not one of those people who leave it til the final day and then whinge that they can't get through to the tax office when they hit a problem...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Starting my tax return whilst watching was much more interesting.
Jeez...cutting it fine, aren't you? Hope you're not one of those people who leave it til the final day and then whinge that they can't get through to the tax office when they hit a problem...
Loadsa time.
Shade
Wow, what a surprise, Yeovil v Man Utd will be live on BBC1. Man Utd didn't have to wait long to get another live cup tie.

Also Man city away at Cardiff or Mansfield. What. Is. The. Point? A couple of c!#p games on BT as well, with Spurs at Newport and Liverpool v West Brom.
Peterborough v Fleetwood or Leicester is the only one I'd even contemplate bothering to watch.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I might watch Newport - usually I watch the first ten or fifteen to get a feel for the game. If Spurs score earlier I'll switch off. If Newport get some stud marks on Spurs shin and thigh and an upset is on the cards I'll watch longer. If a dull game I'll switch off after ten or fifteen.
Alf
If we were in the draw maybe they would have finagled a very nice, money spinning game for us but unfortunately we can’t put away teams such as Maidstone etc; Must admit there were pangs of envy listening to the 3rd round draw. Brought back memory of being drawn away to Spurs.
everyman
Nesty wrote:how do these teams like Yeovil, Burton, Hereturd keep getting these plum draws!!, they are like fecking magnets
Because they don`t get knocked out by minnows like Maidstone,Sutton & Tamworth.
Nesty
everyman wrote:
Because they don`t get knocked out by minnows like Maidstone,Sutton & Tamworth.
how true.