Four on th spin (play offs/automatic)

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The challenge is to bridge the gap to tenth. Seven points currently.

Whilst being so tight is exciting, it doesn't make it easy. You can guarantee two or three will fade away which normally would mean a good run for us would put us right in the mix. But with so many competing, two or three fading still leaves six or seven in the group seven points ahead of us, and some of them are likely to go on vacation good run too. All we can do is win as many of the next ten as possible and see where we are with the run-in to come.

Not sure why you have been looking down Ben. We have faced no relegation threat since September, and my relegation round up provides all you need to know about the bottom feeders.
Shade
Have you seen our run of games after the next 5 though? Perfectly doable that we could be up there at the end of Port Vale home on the 10th Feb, but then we face:
Lincoln (a)
Wycombe (h)
Luton (a)
Notts County (h)
Swindon (a). I know Swindon have a rubbish home record but they'll be up for it for a derby.
Then the easy matter of Chesterfield at home on 17th March.

Hopefully we'll have played ourselves into great form by 13th Feb (Lincoln) anyway and steamroller everyone. Or we'll lose today and it will be doom and gloom. We always seem to have a difficult run of consecutive games around Feb/March.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Have you seen our run of games after the next 5 though? Perfectly doable that we could be up there at the end of Port Vale home on the 10th Feb, but then we face:
Lincoln (a)
Wycombe (h)
Luton (a)
Notts County (h)
Swindon (a). I know Swindon have a rubbish home record but they'll be up for it for a derby.
Then the easy matter of Chesterfield at home on 17th March.

Hopefully we'll have played ourselves into great form by 13th Feb (Lincoln) anyway and steamroller everyone. Or we'll lose today and it will be doom and gloom. We always seem to have a difficult run of consecutive games around Feb/March.
Difficult but the type of run which defines a promotion season. Today is just as hard.

On paper we shouldn’t win.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:We’re not playing on paper I think it’s grass this afternoon
Not mud at this time of year?