CTFC for the rest of the season

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Sublime
average
awful

in no particular order.
leohoenig
...and repeat randomly until we run out of games, in much the same position as we are in today
Nesty
the lack of consistency is down to ? management ? quality of players ? a combination of the two ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:the lack of consistency is down to ? management ? quality of players ? a combination of the two ?
The same factors for all the other inconsistent sides in L2 from 11th to 21st. We are no different.
Shade
I would argue we are different, in that even games we have lost we have been the better team in at least half of them.
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Nesty wrote:the lack of consistency is down to ? management ? quality of players ? a combination of the two ?
The same factors for all the other inconsistent sides in L2 from 11th to 21st. We are no different.
agreed -
Robin
Shade wrote:I would argue we are different, in that even games we have lost we have been the better team in at least half of them.
Fully agree, so many games we have thrown away this season, which makes me believe we are a lot better than last season and with a few astutate signings we can challenge for top seven next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I would argue we are different, in that even games we have lost we have been the better team in at least half of them.
Most teams have ifs and buts. We will have one some where the opponents feel they should have.

Only major difference is the number of chances we squander. Bit like Newcastle.

Also like Newcastle in the sense we have a manager who has succeeded at a high level than we are likely to reach for some time if ever as an asset to a club which should be doing better than it is.