Stoz's final interview. Great read.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In his own words.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... ew-1055936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What struck me was how much of a concern petrol spending is for lower league players. Far cry from the Premier League, and the fact he turned down League offers shows how at this level it can be more about geography and circumstances than football which can make a player sign for you.
Lord Elpuz
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. An excellent read, an incredibly honest account, some frightening insights into the harsh realities of lower league football as mentioned by RCS, the petrol costs being such a major factor. The other aspect that caught my was the risks involved in battling to keep your place, your career, your livelihood especially when that can translate into battling too hard and getting a red card in the process. I felt for him, especially his comment about not getting a fair crack of the whip this season and being dropped when the team lost. If Stoz writes his book, as he promises, I would buy it. I also believe he will become a manager in the future. Maybe a Cheltenham Town manager, perhaps?
Shade
Fantastic interview. I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on Solihull Moors results this season with Yates and Stoz there. Good luck to them.

I can see him being a decent lower league manager, so who knows...
horlickfanclub
Good interview with straight forward answers. Good luck to him. A preseason friendly against Solihull would be good.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Good interview with straight forward answers. Good luck to him. A preseason friendly against Solihull would be good.
Yates can bring the pork scratchings to boot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Four unbeaten now for the Moors.

3-0 win at home vs Woking in front of just 638.

Four points from the teams outside the drop zone (who have played one fewer games).
Shade
Good stuff. Should find safety easily now with a decent manager and experienced central midfielders for that level.