Club statement: Anti-social behaviour

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
A vague and opaque statement from the club today about unspecified poor behaviour at recent home games which they aim to deal with.

I haven’t seen any mention of problems on here and not witnessed anything myself since the aftermath of the game in Nailsworth. Could anyone enlighten me?

I fear that a continual drip feed of (unwarranted, in my view) newspaper articles and club statements about unpleasantnesss at CTFC games is hardly likely to entice floating fans back to Whaddon Rd
longmover
Don't think you have had to do much to be considered 'anti-social' at a football match. I've not witnessed anything untoward at WR this season. I can only imagine a complaint has been made and the club need to be seen to be doing something to address it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Doesn't say it was in the ground, or outside, or whether it was illegal abuse or throwing things on the pitch. Either way, if it was bad then fair enough statement.
Shade
The only thing I've seen is when the Newport fans seemingly tried to rip the netting from the goal after they scored.
Tewkesbury Robin
I have reactivated this thread in the light of the Mansfield game last Saturday.

If I spent the whole game harassing the match officials and confronting the away team`s manager and officials then I would expect to be ejected from the ground and probably receive a stadium ban. I don`t suppose that the defence of "Evans and Raynor do it so why can`t I" would carry much weight.

I suggest that the next time we are unfortunate to play a team managed by this loathsome pair that we station two of our largest stewards near their dug out with instructions to forcibly eject them if they behave in this manner. Perhaps that will shut them up once and for all. If the so-called match officials are too weak then perhaps it is up to clubs to make a stand.

I`m sure that there is a very good reason why this cannot happen in practice but it does seem like double standards to me.
kora
I like it TR; not just sent to the stand, but ejected from the ground like the common criminals they are. Apologies to Raynor if he was not involved in the illegalities that occurred at Boston.
Shade
That does sound like a good solution. Another, that would wind Evans and Raynor up even more, is if a group go in the terrace behind the away dugout and mock/imitate them every single time they start acting like imbeciles. Would that be classed as ASB?
Malabus
Great post TR....but we now live in a society modelled by the liberal elite and their snowflake minions will not tolerate that behaviour from thuggish stewards.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Top post TR. I would love it if CTFC or other clubs took such direct action to force change for the good of the game.

Not to demean historical moments, but whether it has been jumping in front of a horse, not standing up on the bus, or whatever, it takes a public, brave but illegal, act to take out the first brick needed to prompt the fall of corrupt, self-serving and immoral governing bodies like the FA.

Time for football to say enough is enough, say no to Evans and say f*ck the FA.
Alf
Fall in front of a horse? Mmmm. Any chance of Evans turning up for Gold Cup Week?