Referee

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
I don't often criticise Ref's too much as it is without doubt a tough job. But, on Saturday I thought he was just totally out of his depth. Some of those decisions for and against both teams were head scratching. His game management skills were almost non existent. Also did anyone else notice how overweight he was? The Vale fans did because they were singing you fat b******d to him more than once.
Red Duke
little mo wrote:I don't often criticise Ref's too much as it is without doubt a tough job. But, on Saturday I thought he was just totally out of his depth. Some of those decisions for and against both teams were head scratching. His game management skills were almost non existent. Also did anyone else notice how overweight he was? The Vale fans did because they were singing you fat b******d to him more than once.
Interestingly, completely different to Mark Halliwell's view from the commentary box.
Shade
He wasn't great, but the only difference between Saturday and other weeks is he seemed to give us more dodgy decisions than the opposition. However, watching the highlights, he got the decisions for the goals correct. I thought Dawson had fouled their guy for Adebayo's goal but the Vale guy dived over Dawson's leg in the hope he would get it, and their keeper gave him a right mouthful. Most pleasing as he'd only been on the field a few minutes and seemed like a right cocky little someone that will go blind if they keep that up..., the way he immediately seemed to try and wind Dawson up. On reflection, the Vale players didn't appeal for any of them.

Why only come on and criticise a ref when things have gone our way for once? :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
little mo wrote:I don't often criticise Ref's too much as it is without doubt a tough job. But, on Saturday I thought he was just totally out of his depth. Some of those decisions for and against both teams were head scratching. His game management skills were almost non existent. Also did anyone else notice how overweight he was? The Vale fans did because they were singing you fat b******d to him more than once.
Interestingly, completely different to Mark Halliwell's view from the commentary box.
We won.
London Exile
I thought he was a huge improvement on the complete $hithouse we’d had for the previous couple of home games
horlickfanclub
So did I.
theidlerich
Not exactly svelte or trim but was ok, the yellows early on dampened their tackles somewhat. Even the lino's seemed ok - so no complaints from me for a change.
everyman
Ref`s seem to come from those people at school who were c!#p at sport and like to spoil our enjoyment of the game,to get even with us ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
c!#p at sport but might not use apostrophes incorrectly when talking about fellow refs and linos.
Tewkesbury Robin
I thought he managed the game quite well in fairness. He was quick to punish the niggly fouls and time wasting with yellow cards thus stamping his authority on the game. I would rather this than the referees that we have had in recent weeks who let blatant cheating and time wasting go unpunished. I wonder how Saturday`s referee`s style would go down with shyster Evans` attempts at "influencing" officials?
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:c!#p at sport but might not use apostrophes incorrectly when talking about fellow refs and linos.
Twats ?
kora
The answer to that TR, is very well as he was the ref that sent the fat twat to the stand at WR earlier in the season.
Tewkesbury Robin
Thanks Kora -you are absolutely correct - Brett Huxtable it was on both occasions.

Seemingly one of the very few referees who are prepared to clamp down on Evans`behaviour. His appointment has coincided with our two best home wins this season -he can come again!