Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:
Nesty wrote:
Oldun wrote:Here we go! Ben talking nonsense! Why let the facts get in the way of a good biased moan. Their keeper did make at least one save!

As others noted last week, the moaners must have hated Saturday and will be out celebrating tonight. So very sad!
what is more sad is someone deluding their egotistical selves that a supporter would actually celebrate a defeat and likewise bemoan a win. I will now get back under my rock.
Well said Nesty. I do hate on here how any little criticism you make you get put down as being a bad supporter or wanting us to lose. There is no debate anymore just constant put downs of other people who dare share a difference of opinion. Like you say do you think I would pay £20 pound each way just to have the pleasure of hoping to see us lose...
There is a difference between a little criticism - which we are all entitled to and do make - even I wanted Gary out if we lost to Barnet.

Where people take umbrage is when a little criticism is replaced with OTT despair (talk of a March collapse just after two reasonable performances in early February) and downright inaccuracies (lies) about the number of chances we had and how even the match was.
pas
little mo wrote:
Ralph wrote:We had chances to score as did Lincoln. We were unlucky not to get a point out of it.
Correct Ralph. It was a very even game, they were no better or worse than us, settled by a " worldy". I heard somewhere that was his first goal for six years. :roll: :roll:
I second that, came away thinking we deserved a point.
Impressed by Ilias too.
Ihearye
You hit the nail there Nesty and Ben. Some on here judge your support by the amount of sunlight you can see coming out of GJ @ss. Oldun just can't grasp the concept of a forum i.e. being allowed to have different views! In his land if all goes well it is GJ doing, if all goes not well, you can't blame GJ for players not scoring! Yet he does seem to have a hand in them scoring.
As for the accuracy comment, laughable. The same people call s mid table. Last time I had a look, we were 7 points of mid table. Also it remains to be seen if we have improved from last year. May will reveal that.
Of course we also have the accuracy of comments on the accounts. Nobody on here knows why we have made a profit, if it was intentional or not, but they speak as if they do. Could it be the money was there for players but we could not attract the ones we wanted? Who knows, but some talk as if they have knowledge of a grand plan.
Easy to see why over the years this forum has dwindled away to a few experts in all matters. OTT is the reaction to little Mo's comments on the Ref. How dare anyone make a comment as for the no saves to make comment. It was " I THINK". A polite correction was all that was needed
horlickfanclub
Hear,hear I hearye.
Oldun
Guess it will dwindle more if the moaning minority get it all to themselves. My concern is that there are one or two (or probably just three) who will take every opportunity to knock the manager, certain players, and even after Barnet the whole club and show little or no sign of accentuating the positives. e.g. Mo or the new Robins Trust or the finances. A defeat like Tuesday is one where their keeper did not have a shot to save. As I said that was total nonsense and is indicative of those who just want to come on here and put the club and individuals down.
I may try a new approach. Just put up a smiley face every time it happens. Will get the smiley face ready for Sat at 5.00 because there is bound to be something to moan about like there was when we won 5-1.
Nesty
let me put it simply. After the 5-1 win I watched the highlights umpteen times - I have yet to watch the Lincoln highlights. Yes I "moan" occasionally - as I feel we are largely under achieving - whether that is down to the players or manager who knows. Those are my thoughts and I have never sought to brainwash other posters, nor have I EVER dissed other peoples views.
Ihearye
Good grief man there you go again! You can't have it every way. You attribute us getting a draw to GJ tactics and subs, you attribute a victory to GJ management ans team selection. We lose at its the players fault for missing.
Picking on players, in another thread you claimed people were posting, constantly, negative messages about young players. Then hold up Grimes as an example, young??? Not too sure how old you have to be before you claim a 28 year old is a young footballer??
What you constantly berates as 'moaners' is any other supporter who has a different view you. Questioning, debate etc is what a forum is all about, their views are no more or no less valid than yours. The reason for that is they are both opinions. What you write is your opinion not a fact. Again the statement about the saves said I think he had no saves. The I think bit says it all, an opinion. But can you just politely post an alternative? No you start with your usual aggressiveness. Why on earth is that? Nobody reacts to your somewhat simplistic view of life with the aggressiveness you show!! You need to calm down a bit. Everybody's views are equally valid and maybe you should avoid forums if you can't take that on board and discuss things in a reasonable manner.
No need for smily faces, just some manners and an ability to discuss without your craving to attach labels to people. Nobody is perfect, be that PB GJ you, me. So anyone should feel free to criticise while still supporting the team. The two seem to be impossible in your book, which I find quite sad and not healthy. Try and post something which does not try and marginalise people, pref something not telling us all how great GJ is, how lucky we are to have him etc etc. Don't get me wrong, not caling for his head. But if he was to go CTFC would survive. This position suits GJ just as much if not more that it suits us. Location, board, family close etc. No teams are banging down our door trying to prise him away. So why don't you just live and let live
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The way I see it, there are the majority of posters who praise manager/players/club when deserved, criticise manager/players/club when deserved in equal measure and most of the time accept uncontrollable events, bad/good luck, mistakes, and one offs as just part an parcel of football with no need to pick anyone out for praise and criticism.

There is a minority who can only function with the binary of praise/criticism and focus on the latter most of the time.

And an even smaller minority who have the same limited binary thinking but major only on praise.

Those in the first majority group get frustrated at both the binary minorities.

Last two games cases in point.

Most realise the Vale game was what it was - a game where Vale were shambolic at the back, where we clicked and Mo’s shots went in. A few just focused on criticising Pell for fouling or Grimes for being shaky under an aerial bombardment in first two mins, or Gary for not fist pumping. Even fewer praised Gary and the players for being the best team in the League and certain to steam roller the division next season.

Most realise the Lincoln game was what it was - a scrappy game between two similar sides with different strengths who both had several decent chances and similar possession, with a once in a career goal settling the game, and Mo’s shots didn’t go in. A few doubled down their criticism by downright lying saying their keeper made no saves and we were outplayed, and even fewer praised us extensively for matching the mighty Lincoln who we should be honoured to be playing. Both the latter frustrating the former majority.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:The way I see it, there are the majority of posters who praise manager/players/club when deserved, criticise manager/players/club when deserved in equal measure and most of the time accept uncontrollable events, bad/good luck, mistakes, and one offs as just part an parcel of football with no need to pick anyone out for praise and criticism.

There is a minority who can only function with the binary of praise/criticism and focus on the latter most of the time.

And an even smaller minority who have the same limited binary thinking but major only on praise.

Those in the first majority group get frustrated at both the binary minorities.

Last two games cases in point.

Most realise the Vale game was what it was - a game where Vale were shambolic at the back, where we clicked and Mo’s shots went in. A few just focused on criticising Pell for fouling or Grimes for being shaky under an aerial bombardment in first two mins, or Gary for not fist pumping. Even fewer praised Gary and the players for being the best team in the League and certain to steam roller the division next season.

Most realise the Lincoln game was what it was - a scrappy game between two similar sides with different strengths who both had several decent chances and similar possession, with a once in a career goal settling the game, and Mo’s shots didn’t go in. A few doubled down their criticism by downright lying saying their keeper made no saves and we were outplayed, and even fewer praised us extensively for matching the mighty Lincoln who we should be honoured to be playing. Both the latter frustrating the former majority.
I only mentioned Grimes and his poor early header that conceded a corner to point out hypocrisy. I wasn't going to say anything about him at all. But GJ addressed this is his latest interview anyway.