Hipsters fuming

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Kale stuffed avacados smashed, distilled coffee spluttered on to bare brick and beards sunk into pints of twice crafted hops.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43307301" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Time for the FA (spineless bunch of twats) to step in and make sure grounds are legally protected and can’t have things like this and Coventry going on.
vickeryc
Totally depressing story. Another famous club - and one with a rejuvenated fan base - now looks in danger of going under. I hope they can survive.

I remember seeing Bristol City play at Champion Hill against amateur club Corinthian Casuals in the first round of the FA Cup in the 80s. That was during City's darkest days after they'd plummeted from Division 1 to the bottom of the FL and nearly went out of business. They drew that game 0-0 but won the replay 4-0.

Champion Hill was a 20,000+ capacity stadium then and the game was notable for the off-field antics of our old mates from Millwall. A few hundred of their worst turned up to take on the City faithful, who had attended in good numbers, and there was a pretty unpleasant atmosphere as both sets of fans did battle as a backdrop to the game. It says something about Millwall's 'fan base' in those days when you consider that they had a home tie that day against a non-league side (Dartford I think). One of my more surreal football memories.
longmover
Dulwich Hamlet have been forced out of their ground by the stadium's owner, which has also trademarked the club's name and told them to stop using it.

What sort of c***t makes this decision?

Sadly lots of potential c***t's will see this as a way in and it wont be long before small clubs are being lined up by these wretches. The FA wont do a thing as its someone else doing their dirty work and rid them of leagues one and two.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Football is not protected from the ills of modern Britain, and it is this type of decision by the spivs who control much of our economy and government which has left us with such a crooked state and non-free market.