FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And the rearranged game at Yeovil after today was postponed.

If Charlie Cooper plays those games they are down. If not they should win 3 at least.
Johnsons Red Army
I'd love for them to go down, however Grimsby and Barnet must be big favourites for the drop.
bigdavejambo
at this stage of the season form counts for nothing. A LOT of 'coupon busters' happen in the last month of the season.
Johnsons Red Army
If all of their games left were against top teams, then I might agree with you, but only Luton fits that description out of their games left.

And the teams near the bottom are there for a reason, i.e. they are not that good, therefore I'd be very surprised if FGR go down at this stage.
bigdavejambo
Luton arent in the best of form either
Johnsons Red Army
bigdavejambo wrote:at this stage of the season form counts for nothing.
Your words, not mine. Just saying :D.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:If all of their games left were against top teams, then I might agree with you, but only Luton fits that description out of their games left.

And the teams near the bottom are there for a reason, i.e. they are not that good, therefore I'd be very surprised if FGR go down at this stage.
No games against top teams but games against relegation rivals. The teams battling with FGR will approach their game with FGR as one they can win, targeting a game against a rival as a route to survival.

All depends on Cooper. If he does what everyone can see is obvious they will win 3 and 4. If he he picks a side to prove try and prove the fans wrong and to make himself look good they will go down.

Mark Cooper is an absolutely vile disgrace and an insult to the FGR fans and the game more widely. I don’t care if we beat FGR. I care that we beat Cooper. The type of shitty snake we Cheltenham will never employ.
The Old TomCat
Ben2 wrote:Disappointed with the result today so I thought I’d cheer myself up - at least I’m not a eco-franchise fan!

I’ve looked at their fixtures... I think they are in real bother. Luton and Cheltenham, Barnet, chesterfield and Grimsby. A cup final each week

I think they’ll go down. I don’t want them to (I won’t evet go there again due to treatment of away fans) as it does add to the experience having a local rival. But they are such a shower from top to bottom I think they’ll self-combust. Cooper is hated throughout and Vince is clearly a ‘case’. I don’t know the odds but lump on
Interesting:
Since the January transfer window FGR have gained similar points total to Cheltenham, around mid-table for both teams. However FGR have won six of their last seven home matches and still have to play two teams below us in table [Grimsby & Chesterfield] which perhaps should be 6 points plus Colchester who have similar current form to FGR – perhaps one point.
Currently FGR have 40 points and another seven points would have been enough to have avoided relegation last season – Hartlepool relegated with 46 points.

Plus FGR have four away games – Luton away could be a loss with Luton in middle of promotion hunt, Yeovil have plenty of games to play before end of season and FGR could take advantage of their exhaustion and win, Barnet will be fighting for their league status but FGR should win against basement club, and then there is Cheltenham away. The ElGlosico matches have a habit of ending in drawn games despite which team is the more dominant. Therefore a possible/probable 7 away points = 54 points for season which last season would have put them in 18th in table.

Now compare FGR’s fixtures to those of Cheltenham and it is possible that FGR could end season with equal points to Cheltenham.
Cheltenham home: Coventry [loss] – Coventry are in promotion hunt and will be determine to win fixture, FGR [draw], Morecambe [win] = 4 home points.
Cheltenham away: Cambridge [draw], Crewe [draw], Exeter [loss] = 2 points and season total of 54 points but with better GD than FGR.

Only at 5pm on Saturday 5th May will either of us know who is more right.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ben2 wrote:Disappointed with the result today so I thought I’d cheer myself up - at least I’m not a eco-franchise fan!

I’ve looked at their fixtures... I think they are in real bother. Luton and Cheltenham, Barnet, chesterfield and Grimsby. A cup final each week

I think they’ll go down. I don’t want them to (I won’t evet go there again due to treatment of away fans) as it does add to the experience having a local rival. But they are such a shower from top to bottom I think they’ll self-combust. Cooper is hated throughout and Vince is clearly a ‘case’. I don’t know the odds but lump on
Interesting:
Since the January transfer window FGR have gained similar points total to Cheltenham, around mid-table for both teams. However FGR have won six of their last seven home matches and still have to play two teams below us in table [Grimsby & Chesterfield] which perhaps should be 6 points plus Colchester who have similar current form to FGR – perhaps one point.
Currently FGR have 40 points and another seven points would have been enough to have avoided relegation last season – Hartlepool relegated with 46 points.

Plus FGR have four away games – Luton away could be a loss with Luton in middle of promotion hunt, Yeovil have plenty of games to play before end of season and FGR could take advantage of their exhaustion and win, Barnet will be fighting for their league status but FGR should win against basement club, and then there is Cheltenham away. The ElGlosico matches have a habit of ending in drawn games despite which team is the more dominant. Therefore a possible/probable 7 away points = 54 points for season which last season would have put them in 18th in table.

Now compare FGR’s fixtures to those of Cheltenham and it is possible that FGR could end season with equal points to Cheltenham.
Cheltenham home: Coventry [loss] – Coventry are in promotion hunt and will be determine to win fixture, FGR [draw], Morecambe [win] = 4 home points.
Cheltenham away: Cambridge [draw], Crewe [draw], Exeter [loss] = 2 points and season total of 54 points but with better GD than FGR.

Only at 5pm on Saturday 5th May will either of us know who is more right.
At least playing Luton away will push up your average attendance. :lol:
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: At least playing Luton away will push up your average attendance.
I sincerely hope so. FGR's average away attendance numbers are already greater than Cheltenham: 4429 FGR & 4047 Cheltenham.
A massive crowd is fantastic, the atmosphere is great.
That is why I'm looking forward to the ElGlosico match at Whaddon Road where the stadium will be packed to the rafters.
And of course it will increase the FGR average away support numbers.
Red&WhiteArmy
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: FGR's average away attendance numbers are already greater than Cheltenham: 4429 FGR & 4047 Cheltenham.
What the feck are you on about Old Tomcat??
What the hell do the opponents home attendances vs our two sides have any baring or reflection on either of our clubs?? You at obviously a fecking moron. Absolutely sick of reading your FGR propaganda on OUR forum! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ralph
OldTurnCoat is a deluded old fool. His posts never change. Needs to get off the drink and meds
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His numbers are nonsensical and meaningless. Hard to even work out what point he thinks he is making.
Sprout Picker
Red&WhiteArmy wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: FGR's average away attendance numbers are already greater than Cheltenham: 4429 FGR & 4047 Cheltenham.
What the hell do the opponents home attendances vs our two sides have any baring or reflection on either of our clubs?? You at obviously a fecking moron. Absolutely sick of reading your FGR propaganda on OUR forum! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Several folk on here have been trying to explain this to him for months, he has this strange idea that another club's home crowds are somehow a reflection of support for FGR! :? :lol:

Pray they go down.
The Old TomCat
Red&WhiteArmy wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Thread open by a Cheltenham supporter who was upset at home defeat against Carlisle - not by me.
The discussion on attendances was opened by Sprout Picker - not me.
And thanks to Poll organised by Ralph I have officially over 70% support in posting on Robin's Nest, which I choose to use.

Simple solution to your dilemma Red&White is for you to skip reading all posts on this thread.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout mentioned the attendences as a joke about your misuse and misunderstanding of other teams’ attendance figures. After which you responded with more nonsense meaningless attendance numbers.
Ralph
Old TurnCoat - Pay attention.

If you are going to be a knob like in your post above, you can still get banned as we can have a dictatorship here just like on your forum
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sprout mentioned the attendences as a joke about your misuse and misunderstanding of other teams’ attendance figures. After which you responded with more nonsense meaningless attendance numbers.
Now there you have it, official confirmation from RCS that Cheltenham supporter started conversation concerning attendances. Thanks RCS.
And whether he initiated conversation as a joke matters not - Sprout started conversation.
As an aside it seems that those on Robin's Nest are totally obsessed with attendance figures as posts on this thread readily show.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:Old TurnCoat - Pay attention.

If you are going to be a knob like in your post above, you can still get banned as we can have a dictatorship here just like on your forum
Bit rich calling me a knob Ralph, when you initiated a poll to get me banned and ended totally humiliated with less than 30% support.
Seems as if in actual fact you are the BIGGER KNOB.
paperboy
... I'm not sure a mod should be posting in such a derogatory manner.
You seem to be letting yourself down quite badly Ralph.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sprout mentioned the attendences as a joke about your misuse and misunderstanding of other teams’ attendance figures. After which you responded with more nonsense meaningless attendance numbers.
Now there you have it, official confirmation from RCS that Cheltenham supporter started conversation concerning attendances. Thanks RCS.
And whether he initiated conversation as a joke matters not - Sprout started conversation.
As an aside it seems that those on Robin's Nest are totally obsessed with attendance figures as posts on this thread readily show.
Does not matter who started it; the point is your bizarre and incorrect use of other team’s home attendances when talking about FGR is a load of nonsense. We are not obsessed with attendances, we are exasperated about how absolutely f#!$ thick, whacko and crazy you are with your lack of grasp of attendance numbers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:... I'm not sure a mod should be posting in such a derogatory manner.
Ralph has reached the end of his tether with OTC’s utter retardation when it comes to understanding the basic numeracy surrounding attendance figures.
Ralph
paperboy wrote:... I'm not sure a mod should be posting in such a derogatory manner.
Not at all. If OTC (a supporter of another team) wants to come to our forum again and again attacking CTFC posters and posting crazy comment like he does every post just to try and wind people up, he deserves what he gets. He's just a WUM
Ralph
And he's an ex CTFC supporter that took the offer from Vince of a FGR season ticket to replace the CTFC one when we were getting relegated. He's an Old Turn Coat
The Old TomCat
[quote="RegencyCheltenhamSpa"

Does not matter who started it; the point is your bizarre and incorrect use of other team’s home attendances when talking about FGR is a load of nonsense. We are not obsessed with attendances, we are exasperated about how absolutely f#!$ thick, whacko and crazy you are with your lack of grasp of attendance numbers.[/quote]

I never mentioned home attendances. Check it out – it was away support.
Seems as if you are the ‘absolutely f#!$ thick, whacko and crazy’ one.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph has reached the end of his tether with OTC’s utter retardation when it comes to understanding the basic numeracy surrounding attendance figures.
Same answer as above and sadly it seems both you and Ralph are suffering ‘utter retardation’.

Hey this is fun; that’s 2-0 to me.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:
Not at all. If OTC (a supporter of another team) wants to come to our forum again and again attacking CTFC posters and posting crazy comment like he does every post just to try and wind people up, he deserves what he gets. He's just a WUM
Oh dear Ralph, you poor dear. Wrong on so many counts.
I will offer you same advice as for RCS and that is to read my original post. Nothing attacking CTFC poster or posting crazy comments. I offered an alternate opinion on FGR’s forecasted results till end of season and compared them to those of Cheltenham simply because this is the Cheltenham forum.
You’ll not find any attack on CTFC poster, except yourself of course who I replied in kind.
Plus RCS, who deserves what I’ve written.
It seems you are the ‘crazy’ one to post what you have done.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:And he's an ex CTFC supporter that took the offer from Vince of a FGR season ticket to replace the CTFC one when we were getting relegated. He's an Old Turn Coat
For the record I have never been a Cheltenham supporter. At time of regularly watching games at Whaddon Road my heart was with Arsenal.
Oh and remember I have more right to offer my opinion on this forum that yourself. I manage to get to Whaddon Road to occassionally watch Cheltenham and am not solely a mere keyboard warrior living in America that you be.

Anyway these series of post are great fun and even though I’m winning them hands down I’ll let you post your reply, as you undoubtedly will, and say no more until ElGlosico.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Thread open by a Cheltenham supporter who was upset at home defeat against Carlisle - not by me.
The discussion on attendances was opened by Sprout Picker - not me.
And thanks to Poll organised by Ralph I have officially over 70% support in posting on Robin's Nest, which I choose to use.

Simple solution to your dilemma Red&White is for you to skip reading all posts on this thread.
Aside from educating yourself on how attendance figures work you might also want to go away and get to grips with the quote function on here.

I did not (and never have) typed the above section of text you have attributed to me.

Interesting to see that you mention in your latest post how your 'heart was with Arsenal'. Any other sides you've supported over the years you might want to mention?!

Turn coat - the very worst kind of football 'supporter'.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:[quote="RegencyCheltenhamSpa"

Does not matter who started it; the point is your bizarre and incorrect use of other team’s home attendances when talking about FGR is a load of nonsense. We are not obsessed with attendances, we are exasperated about how absolutely f#!$ thick, whacko and crazy you are with your lack of grasp of attendance numbers.
I never mentioned home attendances. Check it out – it was away support.
Seems as if you are the ‘absolutely f#!$ thick, whacko and crazy’ one.[/quote]

Holy f#!$ you still don’t understand. Look, the numbers you gave have NOTHING to do with CTFC or FGR away attendances. They are averages of OTHER TEAMS’ home support. Get it??
drgm
Time for another poll I think. I will not be voting the same this time

Life's too short to read such inane drivel posted by someone who isn't one of our own.
OTC is a complete waste of electricity and band width
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:The old Tom cat....

Dale motto....
h
longmover
Ralph wrote:And he's an ex CTFC supporter that took the offer from Vince of a FGR season ticket to replace the CTFC one when we were getting relegated. He's an Old Turn Coat
Is this true?
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
For the record I have never been a Cheltenham supporter. At time of regularly watching games at Whaddon Road my heart was with Arsenal.
"Regularly watching games at CTFC" - so that makes you a supporter of CTFC then just like i've been saying. This also confirms what 2 FGR fans have also told me over time. You took DV's offer of an FGR season ticker and changed allegiance.
Ralph
longmover wrote:
Is this true?
Yes (according to what i've been told)