FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If you think CTFC were treated badly by FGR, look at their forthcoming game vs Chesterfield.

The Spirerites have been allocated just 524 tickets (all standing) for the game. 524!!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... esterfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Obviously, FGR don't care about half empty stadia....
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If you think CTFC were treated badly by FGR, look at their forthcoming game vs Chesterfield.

The Spirerites have been allocated just 524 tickets (all standing) for the game. 524!!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... esterfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: :lol:
Malabus
Robin wrote:4000 home fans minimum in that case so looking at a crowd of 4500+ very positive and more than I expected.
I was thinking that today, Robin. I would expect 4300\4500.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be well over 5,000 if Mark Cooper does the right thing and announces he is starting Charlie Cooper. Young Charles is a Gloucestershire cult hero and the fans want to see him on the WR turf.
drgm
He wont subject Charlie to the 'venomous' attitude of the Whaddon Road cauldron. After all they are 'potentially a
bigger club than Cheltenham' and don't need to descend to our level. A defeat would 'tarnish the reputation of this great
club'. All quotes taken from their delusional forum.

Apparently they are now the 'Green devils', the old nick-name of 'Rovers' being a little bit old fashioned
from a marketing point of view. Similarly their club colours have been ditched in favour of green. If they
ever make their much vaunted move to Stonehouse they will be FGR in name only.

If any of them think Dale really does eat spinach and nut cutlets in the privacy of his own home
they are more gullible than they realise. He is a businessman - the biggest subsidy predator in the UK.
Sure, he's clued up on environmental issues but he's just playing the game. Once the green subsidies
are gone it's game over.
Chris FGR
None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.
I see some of your vindictive supporters are being swayed by Vince in their disrespect for the game and opponents. Posts calling for Chesterfield fans to be “reported to the relevant officials” for suggesting they may have to go in the home stands at TNL. If anyone should be reported it should be FGR for only providing 524 tickets (not much more than half the terrace) and no seating. It is just petty pathetic and nasty from FGR.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
I see some of your vindictive supporters are being swayed by Vince in their disrespect for the game and opponents. Posts calling for Chesterfield fans to be “reported to the relevant officials” for suggesting they may have to go in the home stands at TNL. If anyone should be reported it should be FGR for only providing 524 tickets (not much more than half the terrace) and no seating. It is just petty pathetic and nasty from FGR.
Some? You mean one. I can only see one person saying that. A few more might be petty too, but the majority would have no problem with Chesterfield getting more tickets and better facilities.

Judging a fanbase on comments from one or two clowns on a forum is not accurate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
Some? You mean one. I can only see one person saying that. A few more might be petty too, but the majority would have no problem with Chesterfield getting more tickets and better facilities.

Judging a fanbase on comments from one or two clowns on a forum is not accurate.
Didn’t see anyone else criticising or contradicting him though, so only assume tacit condoning.
Ralph
drgm wrote:He wont subject Charlie to the 'venomous' attitude of the Whaddon Road cauldron. After all they are 'potentially a
bigger club than Cheltenham' and don't need to descend to our level. A defeat would 'tarnish the reputation of this great
club'. All quotes taken from their delusional forum.

Apparently they are now the 'Green devils', the old nick-name of 'Rovers' being a little bit old fashioned
from a marketing point of view. Similarly their club colours have been ditched in favour of green. If they
ever make their much vaunted move to Stonehouse they will be FGR in name only.

If any of them think Dale really does eat spinach and nut cutlets in the privacy of his own home
they are more gullible than they realise. He is a businessman - the biggest subsidy predator in the UK.
Sure, he's clued up on environmental issues but he's just playing the game. Once the green subsidies
are gone it's game over.
If they move ground, they won't be FGR anymore. DV will have changed everything there is to change and it will be complete by changing the name.
Oldun
Why don't we run a competition suggesting a new name for (formerly) Forest Green Rovers for when they move to Stonehouse or wherever?
Blakey 9
I hope that bob hunt gets some stick tomorrow , he is a absolute Moran.
Robin
Can't help but feel that decent fans such as Chris and Giraffe are getting the flack for one or two idiots (OTC etc.) and some of our fans are now lowering the bar a bit too low also.
Chris FGR
Blakey 9 wrote:I hope that bob hunt gets some stick tomorrow , he is a absolute Moran.
You meant to say "he is an absolute moron" I take it?

He may well be in your opinion, however I would imagine his grammar and spelling are slightly better then yours. ;)
drgm
Athletico Biomass Green Subsidy City
'Athletico' and 'City' captures where their fanbase thinks they ought to be and the other
words reflect their source of income.

or

Free Ticket Town
-kind of reflects their swelling fanbase

or

The Little Club at the Top of the Hill United
-the lazy journalist's name of choice
Chris FGR
It wouldn't shock me if we dropped the "Forest" part of our name after moving. What's the point in being called Forest Green when we don't play in Forest Green? Might as well just be called Green Rovers. Would fit well with the company ethos etc. If we wanted to maintain the FGR aspect, maybe FC Green Rovers.

We'll still be Rovers so they'll think most fans will settle for it.
Shade
"The Rovers FC" would be fitting after moving.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Eastington Turbinia FC

Junction 13 Rovers FC

M5 Rapid Charging Cluster (Southbound) FC

Concreted Over Fields Rovers

Middle of Nowhere United

Etc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR head goon speaks. Not OTC, but Cooper himself. http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... est_Green/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sprout Picker
Chris FGR wrote:None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.
I cringe every time I see the words 'Green Devils'. Plastic corporate naffness forced onto a historic club along with a change of colours and all the other piffle inflicted by Vince and his cronies. Soul sold for a doughnut, I have genuine sympathy for the long-term supporters who must be worrying about where this will all end.

Glad to hear it isn't used by most of your support though I can think of one 'fan' who probably laps it up.
drgm
Sprout Picker wrote:
I cringe every time I see the words 'Green Devils'. Plastic corporate naffness forced onto a historic club along with a change of colours and all the other piffle inflicted by Vince and his cronies. Soul sold for a doughnut, I have genuine sympathy for the long-term supporters who must be worrying about where this will all end.

Glad to hear it isn't used by most of your support though I can think of one 'fan' who probably laps it up.
^This
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:There’s a new winner of ‘Excuses not to go to Cheltenham...’ on their forum

Apparently some poor soul has a GL5 post code that when you add the 2 from the second part makes it look like he lives in Cheltenham. What a crisis!!

It makes me wonder how I’ve gone in the FGR end using my home address for the past couple of years? Must just be lucky I guess - I do feel for him/her though, that’s a real bind :lol:
Never known such a pathetic bunch.
Chris FGR
Ben2 wrote:There’s a new winner of ‘Excuses not to go to Cheltenham...’ on their forum

Apparently some poor soul has a GL5 post code that when you add the 2 from the second part makes it look like he lives in Cheltenham. What a crisis!!

It makes me wonder how I’ve gone in the FGR end using my home address for the past couple of years? Must just be lucky I guess - I do feel for him/her though, that’s a real bind :lol:
Never known such a pathetic bunch.
Don't worry, the majority of our proper fans have got tickets, and will be there making noise. I had to try a few times to get through, but honestly who gives a f#!$? If you wanted to get a ticket, it wasn't impossible.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And coming armed: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 3ec398fe1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Haha who in their right mind takes balloons to a football match apart from young kids!
Chris FGR
Seen balloons at plenty of grounds, tbf. It's nothing new.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Eastington Turbinia FC

Junction 13 Rovers FC

M5 Rapid Charging Cluster (Southbound) FC

Concreted Over Fields Rovers

Middle of Nowhere United

Etc
Gloucester Green will be suitable when they combine forces with glos. to try to form a club with some credibility but no realistic prospects.
everyman
Robin wrote:Haha who in their right mind takes balloons to a football match apart from young kids!
I know who will be inflating them ? that senile wind-bag o.t.c.If they burst beware of foul air !
Jerry St Clair
I simply do not understand the logic behind the "we won't be selling tickets to FGR fans on the day" statement by the club.

Firstly, there are hundreds of tickets left so why not. Secondly, I have never been a (not sold out) game and found the turnstiles closed. Clubs say this, but it usually turns out to be bullcrap. Pound to a penny there will be a cash turnstile open for the Hazelwoods tomorrow. So, why say there won't be?
Sprout Picker
Ben2 wrote:It is a first for me - I honestly don’t know what to say.

Balloons?

Balloons?

Balloons?

Actual balloons?

Balloons?

As in, inflatable plastic things?

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

I quit football if this is where it’s going. Hahahahaha

Balloons though

Just think it through:

‘Alright monty? Going to football on Saturday?’

‘Yep’

‘Cool. Going to pub before?’

‘Nope’

‘Aw, why not?’

‘Got the balloons to blow ain’t I?’

Absolute laughing stock of the national game
I wonder if they'll bring a foam hand as well. :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:I simply do not understand the logic behind the "we won't be selling tickets to FGR fans on the day" statement by the club.

Firstly, there are hundreds of tickets left so why not. Secondly, I have never been a (not sold out) game and found the turnstiles closed. Clubs say this, but it usually turns out to be bullcrap. Pound to a penny there will be a cash turnstile open for the Hazelwoods tomorrow. So, why say there won't be?
F*ck em. They treat every club’s away fans like second class scum and won’t change. No point taking the moral high ground any more. At least they are getting a roof, seats and plumbed toilets.
The Old TomCat
Haven't had chance to check out all the latest FGR love letters on this site but I will offer a genuine 'lets have a good game' to all attending match.

Must go and get ready for coach.
See all of you at game.
King giraffe iii
Chris FGR wrote:It wouldn't shock me if we dropped the "Forest" part of our name after moving. What's the point in being called Forest Green when we don't play in Forest Green? Might as well just be called Green Rovers. Would fit well with the company ethos etc. If we wanted to maintain the FGR aspect, maybe FC Green Rovers.

We'll still be Rovers so they'll think most fans will settle for it.
Sadly, most fans will settle for it. But that will be it for me. The end.
King giraffe iii
The Old TomCat wrote:Haven't had chance to check out all the latest FGR love letters on this site but I will offer a genuine 'lets have a good game' to all attending match.

Must go and get ready for coach.
See all of you at game.
Coach? Surely it's cheaper to drive or use public transport!