Please please no F@@k Forest Green

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

COYB
Each time I have seen us play Forest Green, a section of the Robins fans sing this offensive chant. Thankfully it is a minority but everyone can hear it including the kids and families we are trying to attract to build up the fan base.

Support the lads but sing something else!
Robin
Wind up or serious? Whilst I feel the manufactured rivalry with FGR is cringy that song is 100% going to be sung it's a football match.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
COYB wrote:Each time I have seen us play Forest Green, a section of the Robins fans sing this offensive chant. Thankfully it is a minority but everyone can hear it including the kids and families we are trying to attract to build up the fan base.

Support the lads but sing something else!
The same kids and families denied seats, shelter and plumbed toilets by FGR. Our families were treated like dirt by FGR and we will defend them.
King giraffe iii
I had a little kid who looked about 6 sing it to me in Sainsbury's last week! :lol:
horlickfanclub
A pathetic unimaginative chant . Use your lungs to support your own team.
Ralph
horlickfanclub wrote:A pathetic unimaginative chant . Use your lungs to support your own team.
Agree.. it's really embarrassing.
Shade
It's a bit late for a plea, though. I'd imagine it started hours ago and will be heard in the ground a long, long time before kick off.
theidlerich
On COYB's side here; but sadly it starts at the top with the premier league; ref's ignoring backchat and foul language and downwards to all ranks within footy in general. Until it is stamped out at the top and castigated on TV [easy to spot foul language] it will be with us and footy and the public will be poorer for it too. Tougher regulation required, but total inaction by the powers that be!
Now onwards to Whaddon Rd!!