Will Boyle.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Was dropped today and not injured.

Contract issues?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Was dropped today and not injured.

Contract issues?
Is his contract up this summer?

Sounds like a falling out with Gary. Can guarantee Boyle would have been fuming with the timid and conservative starting line up before the match and even more so with the performance.
Nesty
any decent players we have wont want to stay and be a part of this circus
THECHOIRBOY
GJ confirms turned down contract and won't play for us again
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:GJ confirms turned down contract and won't play for us again
Wonder where is off to. Probably back up North.
THECHOIRBOY
Some rumours are Nailsworth.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Some rumours are Nailsworth.
Doubt that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he steps up to L1 with a Yorkshire side like Doncaster or Barnsley (when they go down).
drgm
Can't say I blame him. Probably wants to join a club with greater aspirations than 16th in the table
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
drgm wrote:Can't say I blame him. Probably wants to join a club with greater aspirations than 16th in the table
A team which hopes to win more than 8 home games as well.
Shade
FFS this day just gets f#!$ worse.
Ihearye
Thanks Will. You are too good for this shower, If GJ thinks a bit of tinkering will make us contenders he is deluded

RB - needed
two centre backs - needed
LB - OK if we can keep Illias
Midfield - Nigel OK,
Winchester will be off,
Sellars - runs up his own @rse 9 times out of 10
Pell - see sellars
Morrell - form is going, if it comes back and we can get him on loan again then OK
Mo - will be off and prob glad as he is now our pnly strike force
Graham - hard to tell from 10 miute cameo roles, but doesnt excite me
DW - will be gone, but no worse than others

By and large we are boring to watch, and play boring football. Why would a decent player like WB want to stay? FGR will improve next year, while I can't see any evidence that we will. At the minute we have 1 more point than last years total, is this the rate of progress we are to expect?
Today was passionless, spineless, distinct lack of quality or ideas. It is just a depressing place to go
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Thanks Will. You are too good for this shower, If GJ thinks a bit of tinkering will make us contenders he is deluded

RB - needed
two centre backs - needed
LB - OK if we can keep Illias
Midfield - Nigel OK,
Winchester will be off,
Sellars - runs up his own @rse 9 times out of 10
Pell - see sellars
Morrell - form is going, if it comes back and we can get him on loan again then OK
Mo - will be off and prob glad as he is now our pnly strike force
Graham - hard to tell from 10 miute cameo roles, but doesnt excite me
DW - will be gone, but no worse than others

By and large we are boring to watch, and play boring football. Why would a decent player like WB want to stay? FGR will improve next year, while I can't see any evidence that we will. At the minute we have 1 more point than last years total, is this the rate of progress we are to expect?
Today was passionless, spineless, distinct lack of quality or ideas. It is just a depressing place to go
1 point gain a season: promotion push 2037/38 here we come!
Shade
Boring at home maybe but let's not completely forget the many goals we've scored away from home lately.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Boring at home maybe but let's not completely forget the many goals we've scored away from home lately.
And that helps attract home fans and create a positive home feeling how?

I would happily lose every away game 3-0 of meant we won every week and played decent football at home.
Shade
I really wish you'd stop deliberately overlooking my point.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I really wish you'd stop deliberately overlooking my point.
But your point is irrelevant to the fact that home form is not good enough to attract season ticket sales.
horlickfanclub
I probably feel the same about Johnson as Boyle does at the moment . Time to move on - not me after fifty years but Gary needs to access his pension .
Rulistening
Can't see us keeping hold of Winchester either.. Boyle should have quite obviously been given a new contract a very long time ago. But at least we get to keep grimes next season.................
Oldun
Interesting how all the moaners creep out the woodwork when we lose and yet they said not a word last Sat or after Swindon!

If I was Gary I would pack up After all he has achieved for CTFC he gets abuse like this. Punters cannot be bothered to do him the courtesy of a proper title or spelling his name with a capital letter. The ignorance on here is appalling and unforgivable! I am sure that he will be wise enough to treat it with the contempt it deserves.
bigdavejambo
would Boyle going get a fee or is it a free transfer?
East End Robin
bigdavejambo wrote:would Boyle going get a fee or is it a free transfer?
He is leaving on a free transfer, but since he is under 24 we will get compensation from the club he joins. Like Billy Waters last year
Malabus
bigdavejambo wrote:would Boyle going get a fee or is it a free transfer?
Under 24, been offered a contract...there would be compensation.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
theidlerich
Bad news; wondered where he was - missed his grit in defence. GJ does seem to fall out rather a lot! Concerned that Winchester might well adopt the same; with our better players the loanees and others stalling over contracts we appear to be heading for the wilderness of lower reaches of lg2 again! Not good!
Trust he is going to richer pastures?
Last edited by theidlerich on 14 Apr 2018, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Nham68
Oldun wrote:Interesting how all the moaners creep out the woodwork when we lose and yet they said not a word last Sat or after Swindon!

If I was Gary I would pack up After all he has achieved for CTFC he gets abuse like this. Punters cannot be bothered to do him the courtesy of a proper title or spelling his name with a capital letter. The ignorance on here is appalling and unforgivable! I am sure that he will be wise enough to treat it with the contempt it deserves.
You can hardly blame people ... all the talk before the game about cup final, the Players interviews ... that builds up expectations . . Atmosphere in the skips was great before kick off and for first few mins .. then it died off. Wonder why ?
Folks don’t mind if you lose having given it a good go... but today was abismal on all fronts .. tactics didn’t work , quality and application was poor, effort wasn’t there . What was positive about today apart from the weather ?
CTFC03
Really disappointed about Boyle our best CB here imo(Ok maybe Forster is but he's been injured) but I don't think anybody can blame him for wanting to leave, in and out of the side this season at a club that is not going in the right direction, he's more than capable of getting another L2 club and I wish him well as he seems a good lad. It's been quiet on the contract front for a while now which is concerning, still nothing on Winchester, we can't afford to lose him, he is a standout player and covers a lot of positions but again if he decides or has already decided that he doesn't want to be here then I wish him luck at his new club.

The club have just released information about ST's for next season, unless 2-3 super players are signed on early doors I don't see many takers, there's a couple of people I know who are current ST'hs and are not renewing, people aren't going to get on it and buy a new season ticket if the quality of football is poor, we've had a lot of poor seasons here over the last 5/6 years and it's not hard to see why we don't get good crowds here.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:I really wish you'd stop deliberately overlooking my point.
But your point is irrelevant to the fact that home form is not good enough to attract season ticket sales.
no point is irrelevant... Even yours
Ralph
Rulistening wrote:Can't see us keeping hold of Winchester either.. Boyle should have quite obviously been given a new contract a very long time ago. But at least we get to keep grimes next season.................
Yep this is concerning. It's all going a little wrong right now.
Ihearye
Oldun wrote:Interesting how all the moaners creep out the woodwork when we lose and yet they said not a word last Sat or after Swindon!

Surely the difference is, a smaller number went to swindon, so most probably a lot smaller number than usually post on here. You can hardly expect people to comment on a match they havent seen ?
Robin
I've heard rumours he is heading to Scotland, if true we will not get any compensation as it's an international transfer. I'm disappointed as everyone else but fully back GJ on this one if he doesn't want to be here then don't play him again.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:I've heard rumours he is heading to Scotland, if true we will not get any compensation as it's an international transfer. I'm disappointed as everyone else but fully back GJ on this one if he doesn't want to be here then don't play him again.
Boyle must have known last week what was going on. Did he put a shift in then, just as he alwyas does ? Yes. I may well be wrong, but he doesn't look the kind of player to mess his team mates around
horlickfanclub
Boyle is a 100 per cent player. The Manager only wants things his way. Time for the Chairman to step in before Mr Johnson upsets the whole squad. I can see Brian Graham returning to Scotland as well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shame not to give him a send off but in fairness to Gary, if Boyle is leaving these last few games are a chance for Grimes etc to prove themselves for next season.
I-Love-CTFC
horlickfanclub wrote:Boyle is a 100 per cent player. The Manager only wants things his way. Time for the Chairman to step in before Mr Johnson upsets the whole squad. I can see Brian Graham returning to Scotland as well.
Brian Graham won't be much of a loss.
longmover
We haven't seen the best of Graham, how can we when he gets 15 mins each game.
I-Love-CTFC
longmover wrote:We haven't seen the best of Graham, how can we when he gets 15 mins each game.
There's a reason he's only getting that much game time. I'd rather see George Lloyd play. I've seen Leeds have been linked with Will Boyle.