Congrats Old Tom Cat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Your manager and team did you proud today!

Looking forward to two Glos teams in L2 again next season, battling to see who finishes higher.
ctfc-fan
And their goalie deserves praise for his time wasting
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:And their goalie deserves praise for his time wasting
Our fault for giving them something to hang on to.
Shade
Refs fault for being a pleb. A common theme. Think you have to be a pleb to ref at this level but at least he added 6 mins on. I thought the loose rule was 6 seconds to hold on to the ball but every time he held it for 15 secs bare minimum, usually over 20. But this seems standard with the refs apparently scared to book players at WR for time wasting.
kiaora84
Shade wrote:Refs fault for being a pleb. A common theme. Think you have to be a pleb to ref at this level but at least he added 6 mins on. I thought the loose rule was 6 seconds to hold on to the ball but every time he held it for 15 secs bare minimum, usually over 20. But this seems standard with the refs apparently scared to book players at WR for time wasting.
He could of added another 90 minutes and we wouldn’t of scored
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Refs fault for being a pleb. A common theme. Think you have to be a pleb to ref at this level but at least he added 6 mins on. I thought the loose rule was 6 seconds to hold on to the ball but every time he held it for 15 secs bare minimum, usually over 20. But this seems standard with the refs apparently scared to book players at WR for time wasting.
I repeat; had we not been so inept and given them something to hold on to this isn’t even an issue. Gary said in his interview this was another case of letting a side get in front and close the game down. Emphasis on ‘another’ I would add.
Shade
I couldn't give a s#!t. The refs are still plebs for letting it go week after week.
asl
Shade wrote:Refs fault for being a pleb.
Woah, woah, woah...I'm not having that. I thought that was one of the better refereeing performances I've seen at this level. In the first 5 mins, he could (and maybe should) have booked one from each team. He didn't, and seem to get more control as a result. He absolutely rightly booked Mo for being an embarrassment (I counted at least four acts of 'simulation' - with one genuine foul in the middle that, had he not been trying to con the ref beforehand, he may well have got.) I think the ref had a good game.
Shade
asl wrote:
Woah, woah, woah...I'm not having that. I thought that was one of the better refereeing performances I've seen at this level. In the first 5 mins, he could (and maybe should) have booked one from each team. He didn't, and seem to get more control as a result. He absolutely rightly booked Mo for being an embarrassment (I counted at least four acts of 'simulation' - with one genuine foul in the middle that, had he not been trying to con the ref beforehand, he may well have got.) I think the ref had a good game.
That's got absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. Is it so hard for you guys to understand I'm having a go at him for not dealing with the timewasting?
CTFCfan99
Agree with Shade, putting everything else aside he let them get away with blatant timewasting over and over again. If he books their keeper for it early on (as he should have) then the timewasting stops and we don't have to spend 45 minutes watching their keeper lying down, pretending to have cramp and holding the ball for thirty minutes at a time.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Your manager and team did you proud today!

Looking forward to two Glos teams in L2 again next season, battling to see who finishes higher.
Thank you.
Malabus
Shade wrote:
asl wrote:
That's got absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. Is it so hard for you guys to understand I'm having a go at him for not dealing with the timewasting?
Spot on...referees must do more to stop time wasting.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
theidlerich
Thought he was weak and very poor. Time wasting we see every game, especially if the opposition score first. It is up to the ref to be more proactive in this regard. Further we also ought to provide ball-boys to ensure speedy ball return to play - which we haven't for numerous games now - professionally v poor.
Si Robin
Have to agree with Shade - the ref had a good game today aside from cracking down on the time-wasting.

I don't for a second blame FGR for doing it - but refs need to clamp down on it - today's ref didn't even attempt to and, whilst we could still be playing now and not look like scoring, it would have at least meant the shite game would have been over quicker.