Contracted players

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Benctfc
Does anyone have a list of players contracted for next season? I was going through it after the game and it doesnt fill me with confidence. We are losing our best defender in Boyle as well as more than likely our best midfielder in Winchester and best striker in Mo.

Looking at the players i know have contracts it seems to be players on the bigger money who aren't going to be the standard needed to move us up the league.
Dawson - Injury prone and not value for money average at this level.
Pell - Regressing has been poor all season.
Graham - Never starts not even trusted ahead of Wright at the moment poor signing.
Forster - Too early to judge

Out of the rest who im not sure who have contracts Atanagana is a must keep as is Flinders and maybe Cranston to compete with another LB. I would have Ilias back as well who has been the standout player in the last few games The rest I wouldn't care if they left that includes the numerous loan players we have had this season if anyone can actually remember them all. The squad is miles short atm of being ready to move up the league this feels like de ja vu of the previous season all over again.
Robin
Contracted players as follows:
Mo Eisa
George Lloyd
Matt Bower
Scott Flinders
Harry Pell
Brian Graham
Jordan Forster
Kevin Dawson
drgm
Bloody hell - it's worse than I thought.
I looked at the programme yesterday and noticed we have a squad of 35. Seems like
an incredible waste of budget even if some are not that expensive.
Complete re-build required in the summer.
Ihearye
drgm wrote:Bloody hell - it's worse than I thought.
I looked at the programme yesterday and noticed we have a squad of 35. Seems like
an incredible waste of budget even if some are not that expensive.
Complete re-build required in the summer.
*sigh not another one
Robin
Do we really have 35 players? I thought it was around 23/24 which I would say is probably normal for league two.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Do we really have 35 players? I thought it was around 23/24 which I would say is probably normal for league two.
Wikipedia lists 30 players in our squad, counting Downes and Llewelyn, so 28 in reality including injuries (like Gordon).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheltenham_Town_F.C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Chris FGR
Heard we're talking to Carl Winchester. Could be a decent signing if true?
CTFC03
Winchester is a class player, better at CM than full back but covers a few positions.
drgm
Robin wrote:Do we really have 35 players? I thought it was around 23/24 which I would say is probably normal for league two.
Robin
I just counted what I saw on the back of the matchday programme. Probably includes Downes - another drain on the budget.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:Heard we're talking to Carl Winchester. Could be a decent signing if true?
Yes be a real step-up from your current CM creativity. With Reid and Doidge ahead of him then Winchester will rinse League 2.
Fuller
Robin wrote:Contracted players as follows:
Mo Eisa
George Lloyd
Matt Bower
Scott Flinders
Harry Pell
Brian Graham
Jordan Forster
Kevin Dawson
Add Nigel Atangana to that list.