losing faith

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Del Boy wrote:
Oldun wrote:If you lot are depressed watching the Robins on a Saturday, you should read the comments you dish up on here. The fantasy that can be dreamed up over a row in the dressing room, the myths that emerge because JP was able to provide more ammunition for gossip, complaining and tittle tattle. The same old few jump on the bandwagon and say the whole club is rotten from top to bottom after a poor performance. Ridiculous!
Despite all that is done, on and off the pitch, (The Trust efforts for example) and some just cannot get their grumblings away quickly enough.
As for calling themselves fans when they cop out in the poorer times (not bad times please note) is simply pathetic.
I give in! I will just carry on being a loyal fan and be there, win or lose to support my club My hope is that important people like PB GJ Trust Members etc don't react badly to all that is said.
Your loyalty was most impressive when you felt Yates needed to be replaced for failing to reach the play-offs for the third successive season.

Everyone has their opinions but the way you attack those with opinions different to yours is breathtakingly hypocritical.

Johnson has possibly the worst league two record of any of our managers in charge for a reasonable length of time yet some seem mesmerised by what he did at other clubs.
Yes he did great to get us up but has been poor ever since. I don't want a third season of it personally.
precisely. act now please Mr Baker, the manager has lost the changing room and the terraces
Johnsons Red Army
Johnson IN!
Ihearye
Oldun wrote:If you lot are depressed watching the Robins on a Saturday, you should read the comments you dish up on here. The fantasy that can be dreamed up over a row in the dressing room, the myths that emerge because JP was able to provide more ammunition for gossip, complaining and tittle tattle. The same old few jump on the bandwagon and say the whole club is rotten from top to bottom after a poor performance. Ridiculous!
Despite all that is done, on and off the pitch, (The Trust efforts for example) and some just cannot get their grumblings away quickly enough.
As for calling themselves fans when they cop out in the poorer times (not bad times please note) is simply pathetic.
I give in! I will just carry on being a loyal fan and be there, win or lose to support my club My hope is that important people like PB GJ Trust Members etc don't react badly to all that is said.
Get off the cross we need the wood !
Oldun
He has lost the few moaners on the Nest That is all!

I'm with JRA! Johnson IN. Nest OUT!

Though unlike some I will continue my support whatever! Can't stand anymore of the moaning bellyaching minority though!
Benctfc
The only way there will be postivity or maintaining high season ticket sales in the summer will be if we have a new manager even more so if it was someone like McCann or Gill.

This very much reminds me of the year Yates should have moved on the season before he was sacked. Every manager has a time to move on and i think now is Gary's for both the benefit of the club and his legacy here.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am a Trust Member.
darreno
Another one accusing long term season ticket holders of not being a ‘true fan’.
Ha ha, another one who cherry picks a snippet from someone's post and distorts the meaning. :roll: . Is that really what I'm saying? I don't think so. Why would I say that? It doesn't make sense. It looks like we'll finish 16th. Ok, not great but still no reason not to renew a ST.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
darreno wrote:
Ha ha, another one who cherry picks a snippet from someone's post and distorts the meaning. :roll: . Is that really what I'm saying? I don't think so. Why would I say that? It doesn't make sense. It looks like we'll finish 16th. Ok, not great but still no reason not to renew a ST.
Everyone is different and has different criteria and considerations. I doubt no one is not renewing just because we finished 16th.
horlickfanclub
Ditto.
tunnelvision
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
darreno wrote:
Everyone is different and has different criteria and considerations. I doubt no one is not renewing just because we finished 16th.
But continually playing a formation which has given us 2 pts from 6 games with barely a shot on goal might. And why did it take until the 69th minute to change the formation, when up to that point we'd only managed one shot on goal. Like most of the other posters on this thread I'm frustrated. I want to watch a team that shows some passion and desire to win matches, not one that's happy to just pass the ball around in the centre of the park.
Sprout Picker
tunnelvision wrote:But continually playing a formation which has given us 2 pts from 6 games with barely a shot on goal might. And why did it take until the 69th minute to change the formation, when up to that point we'd only managed one shot on goal. Like most of the other posters on this thread I'm frustrated. I want to watch a team that shows some passion and desire to win matches, not one that's happy to just pass the ball around in the centre of the park.
This sums it up for me. Our strange tactic of letting FGR have the ball up until the half-way line on Saturday, sitting back and letting them play out with no pressure was as frustrating as the time wasting from FGR's players.

We're at home for God's sake, it's a local derby. Even if we just had one up front (I would have preferred two) we could have pressed, got in their faces, forced mistakes, perhaps even had a few efforts on goal.

Instead the ball moves steadily away into our own half without a hint of a challenge, Eisa becomes ever more isolated and the crowd more and more restless at what they are watching.

That was a truly pitiful performance in a game we were more than capable of winning comfortably.