Echo article on the chav pre-match brawl in town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... 12-1457926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like some of our stupid kids greeted some FGR stupid kids off the bus.

Not going to help the cause of those moaning about being denied entry.
I-Love-CTFC
Same group involved that were refused entry as well. Brainless morons giving the club a bad name again.
King giraffe iii
Every club seems to have them. Could be worse, they could be Gloucester fans with white pride stickers.
longmover
“I was on the phone to police. I was talking to a very distressed elderly lady who could not walk to her bus.”

I know I shouldn't laugh and was probably distressing for the women involved but this line above sums it all up.
solihullkev
"There was green smoke like in Batman"

Holy cow.
CTFCfan99
Jerry St Clair
p!## poor sensationalist drivel from the Echo regarding “trouble continuing in Whaddon Rd”. Apparently away fans “streamed” onto the pitch after the goal. The superlative streamed seemingly deemed appropriate to describe a handful of blokes getting a bit over excited for a few seconds.

JP, I understand you and your colleagues need to generate clicks, but this stuff is just c!#p reporting.
The Old TomCat
I thank all those who have contributed to this sensible thread.
I was upset when I heard the news and have contacted TNL with my horror.
I reminded them that there is no history of bad feeling between the two clubs and remedies need to be applied to stem potential troubles in the bud.
I asked that both clubs issue a joint statement deploring the events on Saturday. Both clubs have a small number of knucklehead followers and they need to marginalised.
The clubs need to build up a rapport between themselves. I suggested that they organise a friendly in support of a local charity. They could also organise a friendly between the two sets of fans. The players could have their arms twisted to appear together at some sort of event - perhaps a madcap sporting show.

I know Cheltenham fans are amongst the best behaved in EFL2 as are FGR. We are all to small to be anything other. So it would be a shame to let some knuckleheads spoil it all.
At the end of the day most fans from both clubs have friends or family who support the other club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
End of the day, morons who want to form a gang and fight will do so regardless of whether they do so under the guise of CTFC or FGR, or their street/neighbourhood or whatever.