New contract agreed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
For goalkeeper: http://bit.ly/NewContractCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Good news that we have another player signed up for next season, I've not seen him play a competitive match but general consensus is that he has potential so happy with this news.
Ralph
Robin wrote:Good news that we have another player signed up for next season, I've not seen him play a competitive match but general consensus is that he has potential so happy with this news.
Agree. Happy with that
theidlerich
Pleased for the young lad; seems to be well liked amongst the squad seeing his reactions in the warm ups. Would like him to be playing in the last game of the season at home - even if second half - even if it's only Coventry.
Robin
Not sure throwing him in for what will probably be our biggest crowd of the season is fair, far better either Saturday or away to Crewe.
theidlerich
Robin wrote:Not sure throwing him in for what will probably be our biggest crowd of the season is fair, far better either Saturday or away to Crewe.
Very true and have to agree; but sentiment dictates that the 'home' crowd should be given the opportunity to see him in action. [ I'll wait for the inevitable "sentiment has no place in" footy etc...]
everyman
Robin wrote:Good news that we have another player signed up for next season, I've not seen him play a competitive match but general consensus is that he has potential so happy with this news.
Rhys is a fantastic acrobat who is learning how not have to use those skills except on rare occasions when caught out of position ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:
Robin wrote:Not sure throwing him in for what will probably be our biggest crowd of the season is fair, far better either Saturday or away to Crewe.
Very true and have to agree; but sentiment dictates that the 'home' crowd should be given the opportunity to see him in action. [ I'll wait for the inevitable "sentiment has no place in" footy etc...]
Be nice to celebrate his contract in the end of season ‘carnival game’ and let him enjoy the experience as we say goodbye to the players being released etc. However, this being football the chances are some dumbass morons in the C&G would end up abusing him and knocking his confidence.
Shade
Didn't work out very well throwing Connor Roberts in for the last home game of the season, did it. Sido sliced one over his head from 25 yards and we never saw him again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Didn't work out very well throwing Connor Roberts in for the last home game of the season, did it. Sido sliced one over his head from 25 yards and we never saw him again.
No reason why that should have ended his career here.
Shade
Just saying.