Some thoughts from Cambridge

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsCambridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solihullkev
"Cheltenham Town must add more experience in the summer"

I don't think we learned that from yesterday - we knew that at least 6 months ago
Anteros
That set piece in the second half was so embarrassing! I was cringing watching it. Sorry but they are professional footballers and have played together all season and that was shocking.
everyman
Anteros wrote:That set piece in the second half was so embarrassing! I was cringing watching it. Sorry but they are professional footballers and have played together all season and that was shocking.
Not as bad as the one at Tranmere though !
vickeryc
Why not focus on the fantastic set piece goal Mo scored at Cambridge to balance things up!
asl
I'm just relieved to hear that Mo managed to stay on his feet long enough to score two goals.
Nesty
what we need in the summer is some commanding defenders played in their right positions, two full backs, and a big target man
vickeryc
We have a big target man (Graham), though I guess cover would be sensible.
Agree that the defence needs strengthening, though we have got decent players in Boyle, Forster and Cranston, and, potentially, Bower. Ilias would be a great addition if we could entice him here.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anteros wrote:That set piece in the second half was so embarrassing! I was cringing watching it. Sorry but they are professional footballers and have played together all season and that was shocking.
Gary gave a decent explanation of why that happened in is post match interview.
Ralph
Nothing was ever as good as the freekick SC devised with 3 stood over the ball. A little bit of pointing and arguing between them and bam.. into the net it went. Always worked catching the other team off guard until teams caught on to it
Ihearye
vickeryc wrote:We have a big target man (Graham), though I guess cover would be sensible.
Agree that the defence needs strengthening, though we have got decent players in Boyle, Forster and Cranston, and, potentially, Bower. Ilias would be a great addition if we could entice him here.
Two penalties Cranston ????? Hope that is a blip and not a return to the bad old days
vickeryc
I was giving Cranners the benefit of doubt. He had shown real improvement this season before his injury. He's only just come back after a long time out, so hopefully a blip.
Robin
I agree he deserves the benefit of the doubt however we need to be going all out to sign Ilias for next season he's a much better player and no reason we cannot get them both in the team when needed.
everyman
Robin wrote:I agree he deserves the benefit of the doubt however we need to be going all out to sign Ilias for next season he's a much better player and no reason we cannot get them both in the team when needed.
I would only play him going forward,so not a wing-back.