Long piece on Mo in today’s Guardian

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A good read for over lunch or on the commute:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... shrewsbury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Very good. Thanks.
JasonFailor
Ffs as if his profile wasn't high enough already! :lol:
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:A good read for over lunch or on the commute:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... shrewsbury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glad that someone on here reads a proper newspaper ( waits for torrent of abuse from tab`s readers )?
Malabus
Who does “lunch” .... bloody weak Corbynite Remoaners.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:

Glad that someone on here reads a proper newspaper ( waits for torrent of abuse from tab`s readers )?
Grauniad my go to daily as is free, and I read as much Telegraph online as I can before reaching free limit. In terms of paid for content I have subscription to Economist and buy the FT Weekend if I know I will have some time to read it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Who does “lunch” .... bloody weak Corbynite Remoaners.
Had a lovely lunch today with former colleagues. Good knowledge sharing and lined up some potential business collaborations. Well worth the £2.50 goji berry tea if contracts do materialise.
JasonFailor
Malabus wrote:Who does “lunch” .... bloody weak Corbynite Remoaners.
I'd hardly call the Guardian a Corbynite paper. They can't wait to get him out of the party!
theidlerich
I fail to see how any sane person can read the Torygraph, Mail or Express. I make a point of hiding those "newspapers" [propaganda machines for the Tories] when in Waitrose for my free coffee [although not for much longer I gather!!!!;(]. Guardian and Private eye for choice; my local the Cotswold edition of The Glos/Wilts standard must be the worst paper in the UK.

Agree with JasonF too.....
joes dad
everyman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
horlickfanclub
" Free Coffee" ? Idlerich.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:" Free Coffee" ? Idlerich.
Prime perk of having a My Waitrose card, if it is convenient for one to pop in. I don’t have a card but one of my colleagues goes out for a free takeaway coffee most days!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:I fail to see how any sane person can read the Torygraph, Mail or Express. I make a point of hiding those "newspapers" [propaganda machines for the Tories] when in Waitrose for my free coffee [although not for much longer I gather!!!!;(]. Guardian and Private eye for choice; my local the Cotswold edition of The Glos/Wilts standard must be the worst paper in the UK.

Agree with JasonF too.....
I thought the Cheltenham Standard was just a campaign newsletter for Alex Chalk when it was released pre-2015 election. Was amazed to see it still going years later. Explains the infamous article attacking Baker / CTFC though.

Telegraph is good for business data and other information. Regardless of the Barclay Brothers’ desire to get out of the EU before their Channel Island tax avoiding is clamped down on it is still a decent paper for those who like to analyse data and trends for themselves rather than just absorbing editorial agendas like zombies.
longmover
I love the way they have to put a picture of a prem (teams) player in the article, just so people don't get too confused.