FED steps down

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/FEDStepsDown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leohoenig
The Robins Trust’s Fan Elected Director Murry Toms has decided to stand down from his role on the Cheltenham Town board with immediate effect due to personal reasons.

More details here
http://robinstrust.org/murry-toms-stand ... -director/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
A great shame. He has achieved a lot .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks to MT for all he has done. Including pre-FED days when the ‘Better than Man Utd’ billboard made national news. I hope you get to enjoy personal life a bit more and still enjoy supporting CTFC.
horlickfanclub
I hope so too. There are precious few who give their time to such great effect .Players come and go but it is the behind the scenes people who are not so easily replaced.
Ihearye
You have to wonder if the season ticket 'misunderstanding' played a part in this
everyman
Ihearye wrote:You have to wonder if the season ticket 'misunderstanding' played a part in this
I suspect something is wrong in the club,i wont ask Murray because he is not the sort to talk out of school but there will be an awful stink when the potty breaks !
everyman
Our Norwegian fans are in town for the last game of season,one of them could become F.E.D.i`m sure the board would prefer someone out of the way-in Scandinavia ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:You have to wonder if the season ticket 'misunderstanding' played a part in this
You have to wonder why people try and find something sinister in everything which happens!
Ihearye
Sinister ? What a curious thought. I dount there is anything sinister about it. Having Read "The Trust’s Fan Elected Director campaigned at board level for a prize freeze on all season tickets, in line with our commitment to make football as affordable as possible.
FED Murry Toms also took a leading role in devising a detailed marketing plan to announce the sale period with as much fanfare as possible.
Murry put this plan into place ahead of travelling to Australia to work for Team Wales at the Commonwealth Games.
During that period Down Under, what had been agreed and put in to place changed and this led to the bungled announcement made by the Football Club last week.
Not only had this detailed plan devised by a volunteer working on behalf of the fans been abandoned, there was a change to the sales process that made the announcement misleading.
The news of a £5 administration fee applied to all season tickets was news to both the Trust’s Fan Elected Director and to the Trust board.
We will be calling on the football club to explain this decision in full to supporters, who are understandably annoyed that their ‘frozen’ ticket prices are subject to a compulsory £5 rise.
The Trust will be considering any response by the football club with great interest."
Followed by a few days later the FED stepping down. I don't think it is a gigantic leap into the unkown, to question if the two were linked?
I neither find it evil nor eerie, just curious. But you arep robably right in that there are dark forces abroad
horlickfanclub
Ihearye posts a lot of sense.
Lord Elpuz
Murry Toms, like Clive Gowing beforehand, has done the fans and the Club proud. Both will be very difficult acts to follow.

Perhaps the Trust Board statement that ‘the role of the FED will need to be discussed going forward’, is indicative that the role needs a far greater level of support in order to maintain the double-work/life balance of the elected individual.

It should be an honour and a privilege for a fan to serve on the Board of Directors, but not so that it poses a risk to anyone’s well-being and/or livelihood. We have all seen the major personal sacrifices that Paul Baker as Chairman has had to endure, and that really should not be the case for anyone.

Added as an edited afterthought: Perhaps the role of FED should come with a Personal Assistant/Secretary to handle diary management and communications, in order to ease some of the the demands of the role?
horlickfanclub
Two Fed's would give some balance to the Board.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Two Fed's would give some balance to the Board.
Would be great if all the board were F.E.D.`s,???
Robin
Fully agree he seemed to be doing a very good job from the outside looking in, rumours swirling on some frustration on the inside but not hearing anything firm to suggest that is accurate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Or the time commitment was too much and he wanted a better work life balance.
Ihearye
spend more time with his family
kora
Away from football Murry is a very busy boy so just this once there may be no hidden agenda. Sorry conspiracy lovers, but sometimes you just have to accept the facts.
longmover
All seems a bit strange and 'with immediate effect' does raise some eyebrows