Pell wanted

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:I find all this chat about selling and acquiring rather unsettling. In my view it is essential to have a strong nucleus that reflects the ambitions of the club in place before the final ST early bird date. That is the only way CTFC will attract, and I suspect many others, renewals, mine included. That has not happened over the last few seasons; the exception being on our immediate return to Lg2, when it was patently obvious we would struggle with the squad in place [I was right on that score, but not proud of it!!]. It appears we are heading for the same scenario - barely a decent squad in place at this point; I hope to be proved wrong, but time [and patience] is running out.
Exactly. Some seem to be relishing the thought of Mo leaving, whilst others seem convinced it will happen. I don’t know what more the Club need to do to make it clear he isn’t going anywhere.
Ihearye
'Relish', yet another strange choice of words
Ihearye
and some already have plans on how to spend the money (with relish)

in the long term, increasing revenue from a new stand is essential to afford better players.
What happens if we get £1.5m for Mo, use it on players, then the money runs out in a couple of years?

Anything less than a million and you have to conclude we are non league in outlook and deserve relegation.
Shade
Ifs, buts and maybes. What the hell else is a football forum for?