Cranston

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC03
Gone according to his Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/JCranstxn93" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
This account's Tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @JCranstxn93's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.
Robin
I don't use twitter, what does it say?

For me he was one on the fence, did well earlier in this season but I still feel we need better if we are to challenge for promotion.
Jon Palmer
More info here: http://bit.ly/LeftBackReleased" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks for the effort Jordan and well done for fronting up and keeping going in the face of the embarrassing boo-boys.

All the best.

Right, first one gone. We move on and seek a replacement. Illias?
vickeryc
Cranners is a bit unlucky to be released. I think he improved enough before his injury to justify another year. If, however, Ilias could be signed, I'd be less concerned that JC is on his way.
asl
Maybe GJ is setting the bar higher, this next season. Cranston isn't the worst LB in the league - but maybe we should expect better than 'not the worst.'
Ihearye
There you go again RCS attaching your labels. I take it by boo boys you mean those that had a different opinion to you and saw obvious flaws in his game and did not think we was of good enough standard for us to be serious in L2. If so, it seems another now holds that view as well :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:There you go again RCS attaching your labels. I take it by boo boys you mean those that had a different opinion to you and saw obvious flaws in his game and did not think we was of good enough standard for us to be serious in L2. If so, it seems another now holds that view as well :)
Nope. No. Not at all. Simply just referring to those who abused him at games week in week out.

Not talking about those who only talk about his weaknesses on here, or only his strengths, or both (like me). Purely talking about those who audibly boo and abuse during games (in what looks like a pre-meditated fashion) hence the label boo-boys. Regardless of what I or others think of a player, boo-boys help no one. Not the player, not the atmosphere, not anything. It could be a player I hate and think is useless but I will still criticise those who abuse all game even if I agree with you their opinion on the player.

(As an aside, the number one thing I think would improve the match day experience would be to clamp down on boo-boys and abuse. Paying good money to watch a football game and support your team only to have it ruined by some nutter shouting abuse at a player all game is not going to make someone want to come back again.)
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:There you go again RCS attaching your labels. I take it by boo boys you mean those that had a different opinion to you and saw obvious flaws in his game and did not think we was of good enough standard for us to be serious in L2. If so, it seems another now holds that view as well :)
Nope. No. Not at all. Simply just referring to those who abused him at games week in week out.

Not talking about those who only talk about his weaknesses on here, or only his strengths, or both (like me). Purely talking about those who audibly boo and abuse during games (in what looks like a pre-meditated fashion) hence the label boo-boys. Regardless of what I or others think of a player, boo-boys help no one. Not the player, not the atmosphere, not anything. It could be a player I hate and think is useless but I will still criticise those who abuse all game even if I agree with you their opinion on the player.

(As an aside, the number one thing I think would improve the match day experience would be to clamp down on boo-boys and abuse. Paying good money to watch a football game and support your team only to have it ruined by some nutter shouting abuse at a player all game is not going to make someone want to come back again.)
Agree!
Lord Elpuz
Booing does, on the face of it, appear to be a completely irrational outpouring of anger, disappointment, grief or loss, with a somewhat misguided expectation that the very action will change an outcome in that moment, for the better. It won’t.

An analogous situation from another sport may illustrate the futility of the action - e.g. horse racing:

Punters invest their hard-earned cash on a commodity that is, to put it quite simply, a game of chance. If said commodity (in this scenario a horse with a jockey on its back) is failing to deliver, would the act of the punter booing affect the outcome of the race, or even with the Bookies? No. You win some, you lose some. You take the rough with the smooth. But if all the losing punters were forever booing at the races, it would get quickly stamped on, because it completely spoils the enjoyment for other punters.
horlickfanclub
How many games have you attended when you have heards Jordan Cranston being booed Regency? It seems that finally the Manager has realised the limitations of Jordan Cranston.
Ihearye
I can honestly say having attended most home matches since he arrived, I can not recall one boo directed at JC, plenty of mutterings in the I2P and shaking of heads but that's about it. When he did well, he always got plenty of encouragement from the same people. That I think is fair enough
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:How many games have you attended when you have heards Jordan Cranston being booed Regency? It seems that finally the Manager has realised the limitations of Jordan Cranston.
Almost every home game I attended last season and every away game. Cambridge away last season for example was the final straw for three of my friends who vowed never to go to a match again due to the vitriol from the CTFC ‘supporters’.

I agree with the limitations and happy to see JC released. Criticising boo-boys is not the same as defending a player.
CT76
They made two new signings last week, both French, one of which is a left back.
Robin
Who made two signings last week?
CT76
Ok sorry, Cheltenham Town Football Club made two new signings last week, both French, one of which is s left back.
Robin
Where has this come from as we are being linked with Chris Hussey according to the press. Assuming these two players are true can you give us a bit more detail i.e. where they are coming from or prior experience assuming you won't name them.
CT76
Robin wrote:Where has this come from as we are being linked with Chris Hussey according to the press. Assuming these two players are true can you give us a bit more detail i.e. where they are coming from or prior experience assuming you won't name them.
I dont have any further info other than that. I met both players where i work after they had trained and signed on Weds 25/04. (2weeks ago, not 1, my mistake)
Robin
But then why would the club not announce it if they had signed?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:But then why would the club not announce it if they had signed?
Dots on Is and crosses on Ts? Or it is bullshizzle - maybe he got a tip off from your source Robin!
Andy
Maybe we are giving them time to politely reject offers or whatever with their current clubs ... could be a number of reasons. Coordinating with other press releases etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:How many games have you attended when you have heards Jordan Cranston being booed Regency? It seems that finally the Manager has realised the limitations of Jordan Cranston.
Almost every home game I attended last season and every away game. Cambridge away last season for example was the final straw for three of my friends who vowed never to go to a match again due to the vitriol from the CTFC ‘supporters’.

I agree with the limitations and happy to see JC released. Criticising boo-boys is not the same as defending a player.
Don’t go to many away games, and have to agree with you on the ‘atmosphere’ created by a section of our away support. Spurs away and Hereford away more or less resigned me to home matches only. For the same reasoning as your 3 friends I guess. One goes to a game to be able to ‘relax’ and enjoy the experience, some do their best to prevent that and anyone in their eyes is a suitable target for abuse