Pell departure confirmed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/PellMove" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
This is one I'm not sure I agree with, we should have kept him in my opinion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good business. Wasn’t offering anything and we can do better.

Frees up some wage to dangle in front of Winchester or Morrell?

Boyle or Nige for Captain next season.
Ihearye
Agree, even if only a squad player. On his day he inspired the team to lift themselves. Other days not so influential. Guess the argument is, can we get better. As with all those going out, that will be the acid test
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good business. Wasn’t offering anything and we can do better.

Frees up some wage to dangle in front of Winchester or Morrell?

Boyle or Nige for Captain next season.
If going with what we have left, I would go with Nigel or Flinders. Don't think Boyle is up to it yet. Better to let him concentrate on his own game.

Maybe we will get a captain coming in.

As far as Winchester is concerned, if he is just interested in chasing the money (given that it is reported we have given a very good offer to him), I would put it down to experience and let him go without going back to him again. He is a good player, but the exit of McCann is the way it should be done if the club means anything to him
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Acid test indeed.

I doubt Pell would be happy as a squad player, and would be an expensive squad player. Getting a cheaper deputy to Nige frees up money to go towards a first teamer in a vacant position; getting all the pieces of the puzzle and round pegs in place is priority and some collateral damage may be needed to make that happen. If Pell was an expensive piece but not a priority piece then right to discard, and getting six figures is even more of an incentive and could easily fund two players.
Red Duke
I note it is a three year deal. There are not many of those at our level of football.
horlickfanclub
Billy Waters got one for Div 1.
silverrobin
Yes and look what happened to Billy; got loaned out to Cambridge and still rarely in the starting line-up.

Sorry to see Harry go in many ways but, I personally think that his performances this season have been well below those of two years ago. He only scored 4 league goals all season.
Johnsons Red Army
Good luck Pelly!
CTFC03
Played out of position for most of the season hence the dip in performances, I think we will regret this one, one of the best midfielders in the league on his day.
Shade
Yes but his days were increasingly few and far between. He played plenty of games in "his position" last season and was far from his best. Sad to see the man go, the player not so much.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Yes but his days were increasingly few and far between. He played plenty of games in "his position" last season and was far from his best. Sad to see the man go, the player not so much.
Nicely put ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pell interview: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ll-1554822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;