Skin in the game

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
So looking at the last accounts via company house who of the last round of appointed directors has skin in the game

The major players are Simon Keswick, Paul Baker , the trust and 2 companies
Then there are others but no mention of the new directors
Obviously the list is out of date as several of the shareholders have passed away but who are the major players now?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:So looking at the last accounts via company house who of the last round of appointed directors has skin in the game

The major players are Simon Keswick, Paul Baker , the trust and 2 companies
Then there are others but no mention of the new directors
Obviously the list is out of date as several of the shareholders have passed away but who are the major players now?
Will investigate later.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Current directors and shareholdings based on 2017 Q3 confirmation statement (https://tinyurl.com/y93e3lvz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):

Paul Godfrey: 33,221 shares
Paul Bence: not listed as shareholder
David Bloxham (Thomson and Bancks): 667 shares
Clive Gowing: not listed as a shareholder
John Murphy: not listed as a shareholder.
Andrew Wilcox (LCI Rail): not listed as a shareholder.

So currently no directors named as major shareholder. We will have to wait until the next confirmation statement to see if anything changes.

Four biggest shareholders:

Leopold Joseph Nominees Ltd: 494,257. This holding company dissolved in 2017, so the next confirmation will indicate where the shares have been moved to. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 7/officers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simon Keswick: also 494,257

Paul Baker: 379,852

CTFC Investments Limited: 371,013. This company is not listed on Companies House, but are listed on the Cayman Islands register, so when the new transparency rules come in to play we may find out more. I have an account on the Caymans Registry but it costs £40 to access company details which I am not going to do, but I can see them listed.

When asked about this by the Guardian in 2015 CTFC stated the shareholder in question lived in the Caymans: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -responses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheltenham Town Supporters Society Ltd: 166,544
leohoenig
I believe there is an error in the listing put out by RCS

Leopold Joseph Nominees Ltd was a holding company owned by Simon Keswick, these shares and those shown as owned by Simon Keswick are the same holding
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:I believe there is an error in the listing put out by RCS

Leopold Joseph Nominees Ltd was a holding company owned by Simon Keswick, these shares and those shown as owned by Simon Keswick are the same holding
I did wonder how a holding company dissolved in July 2017 made a confirmation statement in October 2017.

Leo - I searched through a lot of Leopold Joseph Nominees records and filings and saw no mention of SK.

However, half the company is owned by Leopold Joseph Holdings Limited and half by Butterfield Bank (now Butterfield Mortgages).

Looking up Leopold Joseph Holdings show that it is completely owned by Butterfield Holdings.

Meanwhile Butterfield Mortgages only shareholder is Leopold Joseph Holdings.

All three companies have the same four directors / non-executive directors, who look like brass plaque directors.

Given the only owners listed for each company are one another ultimate ownership cannot be deduced.

However, one potential link to S Keswick is there. Leopold Joseph is owned by Butterfield Hokdings. From 1980 to 1987 Butterfield Holdings was known as Matheson Trust Co Limited, and from 1987 to 2001 as Matheson Bank Limited. A very similar name to Matheson & Co Limited, for whom Simon Keswick is listed as a director, and which is owned by Bermuda registered (Singapore Listed) global corporation Jardine Matheson, which is controlled by the Keswick family with Simon’s brother Henry as Chairman.
horlickfanclub
I am a simple peasant shareholder living in Cheltenham . Do i need to set up several companies to disguise my interest in Cheltenham Town F.C Ltd. or should I move the mattress where I have kept my farthings and florins for decades and move to the West Indies. Any advice from Regency would be appreciated.
Andy
or you could have just looked at the significant control page at companies house and derived from that the date the one company ceased, was the day SK was notified as a person with significant control
:D

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... nt-control" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vickeryc
What a boring topic!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:or you could have just looked at the significant control page at companies house and derived from that the date the one company ceased, was the day SK was notified as a person with significant control
:D

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... nt-control" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed but I enjoy going through the different companies and finding out the links.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:I am a simple peasant shareholder living in Cheltenham . Do i need to set up several companies to disguise my interest in Cheltenham Town F.C Ltd. or should I move the mattress where I have kept my farthings and florins for decades and move to the West Indies. Any advice from Regency would be appreciated.
Was easier when there were direct flights to Isle of Man and Jersey from Glos Airport, before CityWing went bust.
Alf
vickeryc wrote:What a boring topic!
Not for people who like the sound of their own voice. :lol:
Ihearye
Nothing beats a roaring fire a nice glass of whiskey and a browse through companies house records
Alf
Ihearye wrote:Nothing beats a roaring fire a nice glass of whiskey and a browse through companies house records
The long winter evenings just fly by! :roll:
vickeryc
Alf wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Nothing beats a roaring fire a nice glass of whiskey and a browse through companies house records
The long winter evenings just fly by! :roll:
Yes, I'm sure they do - I must try it! :lol: