Goodbye to the Champions

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Thanks Harry, Danny, Jordan & Dan.

Robins Champions all, and very best wishes for the future.

Hope to see you at Whaddon Road in the future.
theidlerich
May I add my good wishes to all those who have left, for whatever reason, and hope they find a suitable club for their level and enjoy a long and prosperous career.
Fuller
Isn't great that Danny, like Neil Grayson before, had a brilliant swan song to his career.

Nothing like an old fashioned centre forward busting a gut and getting us over the line.
horlickfanclub
Danny Wright was a great for Cheltenham. An endangered species of forwards that upset centre halves . Will we find another for Plan B?
vickeryc
Fuller wrote:Thanks Harry, Danny, Jordan & Dan.

Quite right. I especially feel for Dan who, I'm convinced, would've progressed in the FL had he not suffered that injury.
Lord Elpuz
vickeryc wrote:
Fuller wrote:Thanks Harry, Danny, Jordan & Dan.

Quite right. I especially feel for Dan who, I'm convinced, would've progressed in the FL had he not suffered that injury.
We will never forget our Champions and they will always receive a warm welcome at Cheltenham Town Football Club.

I agree with vickeryc’s comment regarding Dan Holman. In my humble opinion, Dan Holman was at least as good as Steve Gillespie and would have shone in League 2 but for the foot injury. There is still time for him to regain his form elsewhere, and I hope he does, because when he’s on form he is lethal.
horlickfanclub
Hopefully Dan Holman will recharge over the summer and get back on target..
Artemis
Or maybe Dan is another Dale Watkins - lethal at non-league level, and for some reason just not quite able to make the step up.

But champions all - and a huge thank you and farewell to each and every one of them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Or maybe Dan is another Dale Watkins - lethal at non-league level, and for some reason just not quite able to make the step up.

But champions all - and a huge thank you and farewell to each and every one of them.
Daryl Clare another one.
Robin
Huge thanks to all, sadly Goalman and Wrighty just were not league standard.
horlickfanclub
He might surprise you Robin and find a league club.
Robin
Wish them well if they do Horlick but never shown it here in the past two seasons.