How much for Mo

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

alwaysarobin
If and it's only if but if Mo does get sold how much would be a good figure for the club? i see £1.5m has been banded about but should this be the initial figure then add ons on top or would it be the final figure after all add ons if they happen? Personally if Mo does go it has to be that type of figure plus add ons, appearances, promotions and a percentage of further transfer no matter what that fee is.

http://www.totallyxenca.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for your sports injury collagen
vickeryc
With two more years left on his contract, I hate the idea of Mo going before the end of next season. However, if the club decides to sell now, then I agree that £1.5m has to be the initial fee. For a young player with such undoubted natural goal scoring ability, this is still a bargain price, so add-ons (related to subsequent performances, transfers, etc.), seems perfectly reasonable as well as good business sense. The club is in a position to play hardball with clubs that really want him and who have the resources to pay the 'right' fee. This is a rare opportunity for the club and it must not be squandered. If Brentford pursue their interest, for example, I think we should use it as an opportunity to get Ilias in part exchange.
Robin
Fully agree, £1.5 million plus Ilias is a fair deal and one I would take.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nothing - as in don’t sell.
CS85
Seen bristol rovers fans on their message board think they could get mo for 300-400k :lol:
Circa 1887
I saw a 'fluff' piece linking Mo to Sunderland. A big club - but given the contribution Mo has made to our team, I'm not sure it would sit well with me the idea of him going to a club that is in such a shambolic state. I'd be far happier knowing that he's at a progressive and stable club - which is why Brentford seems like a really good fit, of those that he has been linked to.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/14/do ... -just-15m/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Note how the article states it is ‘just £1.5m’ which is a ‘reasonable fee’.

But: default stance should be Mo stays. We don’t need to sell and he doesn’t want to leave.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Note how the article states it is ‘just £1.5m’ which is a ‘reasonable fee’.

But: default stance should be Mo stays. We don’t need to sell and he doesn’t want to leave.
In that case logic would dictate that there is no chance of him leaving. We can't force him him the door if he doesn't want to leave?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Note how the article states it is ‘just £1.5m’ which is a ‘reasonable fee’.

In that case logic would dictate that there is no chance of him leaving. We can't force him him the door if he doesn't want to leave?
I hope you are right. Why would we want to force him out when we want and need him to stay and fire us up the table next season?
vickeryc
CS85 wrote:Seen bristol rovers fans on their message board think they could get mo for 300-400k :lol:
Presumably another Gas wind-up. Surely even they aren't stupid enough to think he'd be sold for that sort of fee. :roll:
Ihearye
Au contraire RCS hope you are right in that it he is saying he is not going.