GDPR

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
If I had a pound for every email / letter I have received over the last couple of weeks about this GDPR bureaucratic hogwash Id be a rich man. The good thing for me is that unless I read it wrong you have to opt IN to carry on receiving e-mails
well at least my spam folder wont get filled !!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A joke doing the rounds on the social medias:

Do you know a good GDPR consultant?
Yes.
Can you give me their email?
No.
ctfc-fan
Nesty wrote:If I had a pound for every email / letter I have received over the last couple of weeks about this GDPR bureaucratic hogwash Id be a rich man. The good thing for me is that unless I read it wrong you have to opt IN to carry on receiving e-mails
well at least my spam folder wont get filled !!
Unfortunately you're wrong there Nesty.

If you have an ongoing relationship with a company then they can continue to hold details about you although you can request to unsubscribe.

If you previously gave your consent then they can continue but will probably need to send you an updated privacy policy.

If they just bought your details or the like then they need re-consent.
Nesty
yes - you are right - in the main you have to unsubscribe
Shade
The last month of my life has been a continuous nightmare thanks to this OTT bullshit. I know a couple of small businesses that simply haven't bothered with it at all with the intention of just making sure everyone is happy with them so that they won't complain and be investigated.
asl
GDPR is Sarbanes-Oxley on speed.
Red Duke
I thought it stood for German Democratic Peoples Republic.
Ihearye
Must check my emails as don't think I have received anything from RNF yet on either front i.e. how they are abiding by GDPR or asking for consent
Shade
Asking for consent on what? The forum doesn't share your details with anyone or market any products to you by phone, post or email.
asl
It's not about whether or not the forum *shares* the data - it's about the fact that we *store* it at all - and may have details of users who have long since not posted.

In fairness, ihearye may be right...
Shade
My point is the RNF wouldn't have to email anyone as we don't need to opt in to anything. The privacy policy, which is now in the main part of the forum, is a different matter.