Season tickets and a target

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
Does anyone know how ST sales are going? I'm still deliberating at this late stage; but coming down on the side of renewing. However going to set a personal "target" of 14 home games we either win or draw and of those 9 must be home wins if I'm to renew next season [19/20]!
Is this realistic?

If I recall there was a suggestion sometime in the past that if we lost so many home games we should be given a refund!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Renew. You know you want to. Support the new chairman and the new signings.

Personally, my minimum for home wins would be 10. Any fewer a big disappointment.
Ihearye
After the last two seasons I have decided not to. Not as a protest, just that I can't be bothered. Just as easy to pay on the day etc. Not as if there is a shortage of seats. Didn't mind missing the odd game last year, so will see if that situation prevails next season
Robin
Already renewed mine, genuinely optimistic at a realistic play off challenge for next season. Would be nice to sell 1500 season tickets to show GJ and the new Chair we support what they are doing.
Fuller
Renew - I recall after 2005/05 I didn't renew, and I regretted it as :-

a) We had a great season and had a good FA Cup run and we got promoted. I only missed one home game all season.
b) I nearly missed out on a ticket for the Newcastle match.

So new Chairman, new team, further pitch restoration currently taking place.

You know it makes sense.
Shade
Mine went in the post yesterday. I'm going to keep supporting the club in the best way I can.
silverrobin
Renewed mine this morning. The ticket office looked ominously quiet though!
Robin
Can't imagine we will sell less than 1000 (have we ever since being in the league?) however even with the new optimism it's hard to see us breaking the usual 1200 or so die hards who sign up.
vickeryc
I'd hope we will sell around 1200 though, judging by some of the negative comments, I doubt it will be many more than that. This would be a shame as clearly the launch pad for a big push up the table now seems to be largely in place after the last couple of 'consolidation' seasons.
itsallbollox
Quietly optimistic about this season and the signings so far look better than previous seasons , so renewed mine and 2 others this morning,
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
itsallbollox wrote:Quietly optimistic about this season and the signings so far look better than previous seasons , so renewed mine and 2 others this morning,
Great stuff.
Shade
Just waiting for the news about Eisa's sale to come out on June 1st :P (jk...I hope).
Robin
Must admit I'm surprised Eisa is still here, I really hope it's sorted one way or the other soon so we can plan for the future.
Lord Elpuz
It’s an absolute necessity to show support for the new Chairman. He’s a proper fan who is willing to give his time, effort and money for the benefit of us, his fellow supporters. He deserves our support and we should not let him down.

We are already building a strong squad early, to give us the best start possible. This is a new day, a new dawn, a new beginning. I urge any doubters to renew their season tickets, and together we can look forward to taking this League by storm.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Must admit I'm surprised Eisa is still here, I really hope it's sorted one way or the other soon so we can plan for the future.
It is sorted: he is going nowhere.
Si Robin
Sorted mine on Friday last week - I was always going to renew, if I didn't it gives the wife a chance to say "Do you have to go this week?" or "We could do with you not spending £21 on a ticket this week?" and I can say, "No, I can't miss this big match against Morecambe, besides, I've already paid for the ticket."

As long as I've got a ST, there's no scope for me to have to miss games (kid's birthdays and anniversary aside).
theidlerich
Evening all,
Bit the bullet and acquired our ST's. As said ...quote.." what else would you wish to do on Saturday!!" [may I point out not during the ckt season though!]- also joined the Trust too.... Happy Days.