Eisa

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
without stating the obvious i hope any sale of Mo is sooner rather than later so that GJ has time to purchase a replacement
Shade
If he goes, obviously, yes. It's not a foregone conclusion just yet, though. Unless the club have been delaying any business until after the early bird deadline, reports and rumours have gone quiet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
You will be waiting a long time: there is not going to be a sale this summer.
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:You will be waiting a long time: there is not going to be a sale this summer.
I don’t think he will be going anywhere this window either. No one will meet the asking price
solihullkev
It will percolate down ; premier clubs tend to do buisness post World Cup. Eisa will be sold when a Championship side needs to replace a striker gone elsewhere.

He will be gone before start of next season.
Lord Elpuz
He’s off to Cardiff. Wait and see. £2m says otherwise.
Robin
That would be a terrible move now they are in the Prem, far better going to Brentford back towards his family home and likely to start each week.
longmover
Barnsley, Shrewsbury and Blackpool in the hunt for him (twitter), can they pay the big bucks though? Barnsley could, just.
Robin
That's laughable surely, unless we massively lower our asking price Shrewsbury and Blackpool have about as much chance of getting Eisa as we do of landing Messi.
swellingsdownbelow
Robin, I don’t see eye to eye with you very often, but no way can we cave in to anything less than 1.5 million as a base rate.

Too often we have been the soft touch....

Now we have a bargaining tool.....

If no one wants to pay the going rate so be it....,he has 2 seasons left on contract......hang on in there CTFC, if no one wants to pay the going rate let’s enjoy him here for a further season and double his value...
Robin
I fully agree with you, the fact clubs like Shrewsbury even think they have a chance is mind boggling to me.
Robin
I've just looked on their forum and there is someone suggesting they get Doidge and Eisa.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/threa ... ets?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vickeryc
kiaora84 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:You will be waiting a long time: there is not going to be a sale this summer.
I don’t think he will be going anywhere this window either. No one will meet the asking price
Quite. It would be folly to release Mo unless really silly money - say upwards of £2m - is being offered. The player hasn't indicated that he wants to leave (as far as I know) and, with two years left on his contract, there is no pressure to sell. Strikers always cost a premium, especially one with his natural goal scoring ability and an undiscovered talent like Eisa is only likely to be unearthed once in a generation at best. If we were to let him go now, I can't see where the goals would come from to assist our push to the play-offs, which surely has to be the aim given the excellent recruitment that has been happening in recent weeks.
Artemis
The gamble is that he doesn't reproduce the goals next season, he's worth significantly less than he might be now. I personally think he will be sold, for very close to the asking price, but in instalments and with add-ons on top. It will, of course, be declared as "undisclosed", but a club record.
CTFC03
Apparently Wilcox is desperate to keep hold of him, I just can't see us turning down 1.5 million + though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:Apparently Wilcox is desperate to keep hold of him, I just can't see us turning down 1.5 million + though.
If Wilcox is desperate to keep hold then why would he not find it easy to turn the offer down.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
CTFC03 wrote:Apparently Wilcox is desperate to keep hold of him, I just can't see us turning down 1.5 million + though.
If Wilcox is desperate to keep hold then why would he not find it easy to turn the offer down.
Exactly.
asl
I love my home. I love where I live. I have no intention of moving until I retire and downsize.

But if someone came to me tomorrow and wanted to buy it for *significantly* more than my view of the value of the house, I'll not be turning them down.
ctfc-fan
I think we shouldn’t overlook the fact Eisa was allowed to leave his previous club so he could follow his dream and we have helped him do that so far. I would suspect we wouldn’t stand in his way if a decent offer was made but hopefully he’ll also see how he can help a club like ours financially albeit he hasn’t been with us long.
vickeryc
asl wrote:I love my home. I love where I live. I have no intention of moving until I retire and downsize.

But if someone came to me tomorrow and wanted to buy it for *significantly* more than my view of the value of the house, I'll not be turning them down.
Of course. However, to date, no club has done that and no one knows what amount would need to be offered to make CTFC consider changing its mind. In that sense, and also given that Mo himself appears to be content, there is currently no pressure to sell him.
vickeryc
asl wrote:I love my home. I love where I live. I have no intention of moving until I retire and downsize.

Of course. However, to date, no club has done that and no one knows what amount would need to be offered to persuade CTFC to change its mind. In that sense, and also given that Mo himself appears to be content, there is currently no pressure to sell him.
CTFC03
1.5 million is a massive amount of money to this club and if we get bids of that amount I don't see us resisting the temptation to accept the money even if the board want to keep the player, money can go towards a new stand & squad improvement. It's about making money, we got the player for peanuts now we have the opportunity to sell and make a big profit and re-invest if the club receive what they've stated as the asking price.
vickeryc
I guess only Andy Wilcox knows whether £1.5m is enough to prise him away!
Malabus
So Cardiff are the front runners to sign Eisa, seven figure sum.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Shade
Where's that come from Mal? I'd have thought Premier League was too big a step in one go.

I hope GJ strings that someone that will go blind if they keep that up... Warnock along and then pulls the plug last minute.
asl
A prem club could look to buy the potential and then loan out immediately to a championship club for the season. Like Man Ure did with that lad from Crewe who scored against us at Wembley.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Where's that come from Mal? I'd have thought Premier League was too big a step in one go.

I hope GJ strings that someone that will go blind if they keep that up... Warnock along and then pulls the plug last minute.
A little bird.:-)

Shade
Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote:Where's that come from Mal? I'd have thought Premier League was too big a step in one go.

A little bird.:-)

Alright, Varys :lol:
Robin
Cardiff could easilly pay the fee but Mo won't get much game time there. For his sake I hope we find a championship team like Brentford willing to pay the fee where he can be a regular starter and hopefuly make us more money through sell on in a season or two.
Lord Elpuz
I’ve been saying for weeks that Mo is off to Cardiff.
Shade
£2m and loan back to us for a season and I'll shake Warnock's hand myself, which is something I very much wouldn't like to do.