Jack Butland

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

cagliostro
From loanee at Chelts to England....I am sure we improved his game and he looks faultless....and we should be proud...well done Bookey and the coaching staff and let's take the credit for improving his game :-p)
Cag
Si Robin
Genuinely can't believe that Pickford appears to be ahead of him in the pecking order.
Nesty
Si Robin wrote:Genuinely can't believe that Pickford appears to be ahead of him in the pecking order.
me neither
Shade
Me also.
Ihearye
Pickford = Premiership
Butland = Championship.

Just because he is at a world cup, doesn't make him (or either of them), world class
Shade
Interesting. So what are you basing that on?
Si Robin
Ihearye wrote:Pickford = Premiership
Butland = Championship.

Just because he is at a world cup, doesn't make him (or either of them), world class
Pickford went down with Sunderland last year, or does that not count?

Butland hasn't played a Championship game for years, and I'll bet my life on the fact that he won't play one in August either.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Pickford = Premiership
Butland = Championship.

Pickford went down with Sunderland last year, or does that not count?

Butland hasn't played a Championship game for years, and I'll bet my life on the fact that he won't play one in August either.
Hope you have your insurance paid up. Foreign keepers will be looked at well before Butland
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Interesting. So what are you basing that on?
Was anyone beating down Stokes door to get to him ? No even middle table premiership team would be after him. If he was world class, or either was world class, they would be playing for a top team
Artemis
Whether Jack, or any of the other keepers in the world cup squad are 'World Class' isn't the point. They are by common consensus, three of the best goalkeepers eligible to play for England. (And before anyone feels compelled to mention them, Scotts Brown and Flinders aren't)
CTFC03
I think both keepers are bottom half of the Premiership, they're good enough for the top level but not for a top 6 team, I get Ihearye's point, nobody is throwing bids in as there's a lot of current foreign keepers who are better and that's just how it is.
Shade
Well, in my eyes, maybe they're slightly biased, Butland is better than Pickford all round and he hasn't got such a big ass to be carrying around either. You have to remember that they're both still very young for top goalkeepers and you wouldn't expect them to be peaking until around the next world cup. Even De Gea was throwing the ball in the back of the net for the scummers until he was about the age they are now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Butland better than Pickford. Had Pickford been in the awful hapless Stoke side and Butland in a well-drilled Allardyce Everton side there would not even be a debate as Butland would look about two leagues higher.

About time we have another West Countryman in the National eleven rather than another Geordie/Mackem anyway.