New season fixtures

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Here, in full: http://bit.ly/CTFix1819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ooh FGR at home in Christmas period.
Shade
Yeah, should hopefully be a bumper crowd. I assume it will be a 7:45 kick off though, as it's a Friday and not a bank holiday.
Robin
Pretty pleased we have Yeovil away on New Years day, it's a horrible trip that one so extra reason to skip it now. Also pleased we start with a winnable home fixture, important we get off to a positive start to bring the crowds back.
Si Robin
Shade wrote:Yeah, should hopefully be a bumper crowd. I assume it will be a 7:45 kick off though, as it's a Friday and not a bank holiday.
29th December is a Saturday
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MK Dons and FGR in Christmas week.

What a fairytale it will be and testament to the true pagan and religious meanings of Christmas and two-fingers-up to the modern consumerist obscenity if Cheltenham Town, a proper football club, were to beat the two vile franchises.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:
Shade wrote:Yeah, should hopefully be a bumper crowd. I assume it will be a 7:45 kick off though, as it's a Friday and not a bank holiday.
Interesting, the calendar by my desk says 29th is a Friday, yet the one on my computer does indeed say it's a Saturday. I wonder what day before then it's got wrong to be a day out...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Si Robin wrote:
Interesting, the calendar by my desk says 29th is a Friday, yet the one on my computer does indeed say it's a Saturday. I wonder what day before then it's got wrong to be a day out...
Ha amazing.
Shade
Just noticed that the RightMove year planner has Nov 30th on a Friday and also 1st December on the Friday too. What an absolute waste of space whoever made that is.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Ooh FGR at home in Christmas period.
I will be in Italy....gutted to miss it. :|
asl
Shade wrote:Interesting, the calendar by my desk says 29th is a Friday, yet the one on my computer does indeed say it's a Saturday. I wonder what day before then it's got wrong to be a day out...
Hey, you do know you need to get a new Far Side calendar *every* year, don't you...?
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:MK Dons and FGR in Christmas week.

What a fairytale it will be and testament to the true pagan and religious meanings of Christmas and two-fingers-up to the modern consumerist obscenity if Cheltenham Town, a proper football club, were to beat the two vile franchises.
Indeed :)

One of those vile franchises could be in the deep brown and tacky very soon.

Some rather interesting insights into how Ecotricity is being run (or not being run) can be found from disgruntled and ex-staff, by doing a search on:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Emp ... 699290.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be warned though, that this site only gives you a timed preview before asking you to register. Some of the disclosures about nepotism, ill-equipped management, low pay, serious customer complaints, expensive tariffs, anger about the funding of FGR, and low morale - coupled with the recent Gloucestershire Live article on the leaked memo about forthcoming redundancies, are all indicative of a company heading towards crisis.

Pray for the Nailsworth faithful.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Same story as so much of British business. Senior management turning a blind eye to incompetent arrogant bullies in middle-management. Poor and demoralising management seems to be such a British problem compared to the US, Germany, Japan etc. We seem averse to intellect and strategic thinking, and ability to communicate with different personality types in such roles. This is why we have a productivity challenge.