Trust tweets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be no Robins Trust-run Open Day this year.
An integral part of our season launch event in past years has been the launch of the new kit.
The Football Club have decided to do this at a different time and venue this year.
Due to the risk of a lower-than-normal turnout due to the 'anchor' event of the day being removed and as the Open Day requires significant investment in terms of time and money by the Trust, our board felt it best to cancel before our valuable resources were spent
The Trust board will now focus efforts on building our membership levels and, through the work of our Fan Elected Director, ensuring the fans’ voice is heard at board level.

https://twitter.com/robinstrust/status/ ... 27873?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuller
Let's hope the Trust and Main Board can work together for the benefit of all at the club.
Lord Elpuz
It makes very good sense. I always enjoyed the Open Days and wish to commend the Trust for all of their work, and in particular those very successful Open Days in the past.
horlickfanclub
Shame to lose the open day but understandable .Also no cricket festival tent this year but such is life.
Mr Wendal
horlickfanclub wrote:Shame to lose the open day but understandable .Also no cricket festival tent this year but such is life.

https://twitter.com/john_finnigan8/stat ... 0409935872
theidlerich
Surely the GCCC committee would allow even a 'sales' mini-tent within the grounds for one day of the ckt festival [preferably one of the 20/20's] - poor do if not! Very sad and a chance lost if not..
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:Surely the GCCC committee would allow even a 'sales' mini-tent within the grounds for one day of the ckt festival [preferably one of the 20/20's] - poor do if not! Very sad and a chance lost if not..
There used to be a Robins tent back in the day, I visited it a few times.

After it stopped it was replaced with a much larger Cherry and Shites egg chasing set-up, so no doubt they paid for exclusivity.
horlickfanclub
Thanks for correcting me Mr Wendal. As i am not a twitterer I had not seen this.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Thanks for correcting me Mr Wendal. As i am not a twitterer I had not seen this.
I use Twitter every morning and evening and I still missed it

As a general comment I would say Twitter is a poor channel for such marketing if it is the only channel. This is the type of thing which should be on the official club website where more would see it.

I have been in the past and always look out for the cricket tent dates but too short notice now.
plymrob
Let's all re-organise ourselves for whatever purpose.... Something might be wrong with your respondent - maybe or surely? Please stop posting unwanted, unneeded and the usual c!#p RCS. What is up with you? Please give us all an out of season break. I will not hold my breath....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote:Let's all re-organise ourselves for whatever purpose.... Something might be wrong with your respondent - maybe or surely? Please stop posting unwanted, unneeded and the usual c!#p RCS. What is up with you? Please give us all an out of season break. I will not hold my breath....
Eh? What is c!#p about making a genuine observation about fans not knowing about a popular summer event due to a lack of effective communications?

Whilst I may write c!#p from time to time, this point certainly is not.
Mr Wendal
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Thanks for correcting me Mr Wendal. As i am not a twitterer I had not seen this.

As a general comment I would say Twitter is a poor channel for such marketing if it is the only channel. This is the type of thing which should be on the official club website where more would see it.

I have been in the past and always look out for the cricket tent dates but too short notice now.

I’m pretty sure the 100 tickets sold out quickly, so there was no need to push the advertising
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mr Wendal wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I’m pretty sure the 100 tickets sold out quickly, so there was no need to push the advertising
I am sure that is very reassuring to Horlick and others who would liked to have attended (or tried to book at least) but didn’t even know it was on.

Not a question of pushing the marketing. It is about making the information available and accessible to all fans (or as many as possible at least).
theidlerich
...From RCS "....Not a question of pushing the marketing. It is about making the information available and accessible to all fans (or as many as possible at least)." Which to be honest is pretty poor from both CTFC and GCCC!
horlickfanclub
I agree with Regency ( it must be sunstroke!) If the Cricket event is sold out then that is good news and credit to the organisers. Why not shout about it on the main site? All publicity is good so some say.