Gary Johnson on Mo Eisa's future

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Robin wrote:This is almost the worst case scenario but I hope the club do not buckle and take below market value for Eisa. Listening to GJ it sounds like Mo is likely leaving and there is plenty of interest but as yet nothing agreed.

At the moment we are already 1-2 strikers light, if we sell Mo late we will be forced to pay over value for a replacement so would rather we sign someone permanently now to take the pressure off a little.
You would have to look at non-league for hidden gems for short notice recruitment in that area. I would say we would have already have names if 'plan B' materialises.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Red Duke
Robin wrote:I am hearing rumours Pompey may come in for Mo now they have sold their star player for £5million.
Who has Portsmouth sold for £5M?
Ralph
Red Duke wrote:
Robin wrote:I am hearing rumours Pompey may come in for Mo now they have sold their star player for £5million.
Who has Portsmouth sold for £5M?
Yep who is it? There is nothing on the Pompey site about it or the internet.
Robin
Sorry some confusion they got a lot of money from a sell on of former defender Adam Webster who moved from Ipswich to Bristol City for £5million.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Sorry some confusion they got a lot of money from a sell on of former defender Adam Webster who moved from Ipswich to Bristol City for £5million.
£3.5m plus add-ons by all accounts.

Either way, I doubt the sell-on clause for Pompey is enough to exceed the £1.5m needed to even open discussions.

Hot weather making you abacus play-up, Robin? :lol:
Robin
I was told by one of their fans that with this sale they could likely afford Eisa and he has been linked with them quite a bit, it my crossed wires as I had assumed it was one of their players not a sell on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I was told by one of their fans that with this sale they could likely afford Eisa and he has been linked with them quite a bit, it my crossed wires as I had assumed it was one of their players not a sell on.
Does said fan know how much we need for Eisa, or is he another muppet who thinks £500k will do it?
Robin
Yes, I told him that and he seems to think the could afford it now. Apparently lots of talk down there they are interested.
asl
Of course, all fans know exactly how much money is in their club's transfer budget, don't they...?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Of course, all fans know exactly how much money is in their club's transfer budget, don't they...?
One fan even knows the budgets of every other club as well :lol:
PompeyNSL
Pompey fan in peace. Just to add a bit of fuel to this rumour - is just that at this stage - we think we are one of the few L1 Clubs that would launch a bid for Eisa. We've not got the biggest playing budget in L1, but we've reportedly kept some money back to sign a pacey forward as we're lacking that for the level and we've just received £550k additional funds from the Webster sell on (could rise to £1.45m in time), and Pitman will need a partner in games. Aware of the £1.5m price tag slapped on Eisa, but wondering if there may be some wiggle on that with a makeweight player going the other way. There's a rumour today that we've launched a cash plus player bid for a player but no names, though Eisa keeps getting whispered about. It's thought that Conor Chaplin may well leave us this summer as he's desperate to play games. People at the Portsmouth News also did a blog recently where it was thought Chaplin could be off to L2 to lead the line for a side, so wondering if that's a goer.
Robin
I think that's plausible, we already need 1-2 strikers without even thinking about Eisa and even with seven figure transfer sale we know clubs would over charge us for a replacement at this late stage. Failure to also land a decent replacement would derail our play off hopes as well so hopefully this will get resolved one way or the other very soon.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
PompeyNSL wrote:Pompey fan in peace. Just to add a bit of fuel to this rumour - is just that at this stage - we think we are one of the few L1 Clubs that would launch a bid for Eisa. We've not got the biggest playing budget in L1, but we've reportedly kept some money back to sign a pacey forward as we're lacking that for the level and we've just received £550k additional funds from the Webster sell on (could rise to £1.45m in time), and Pitman will need a partner in games. Aware of the £1.5m price tag slapped on Eisa, but wondering if there may be some wiggle on that with a makeweight player going the other way. There's a rumour today that we've launched a cash plus player bid for a player but no names, though Eisa keeps getting whispered about. It's thought that Conor Chaplin may well leave us this summer as he's desperate to play games. People at the Portsmouth News also did a blog recently where it was thought Chaplin could be off to L2 to lead the line for a side, so wondering if that's a goer.
No wiggle. He doesn’t want or need to leave and we don’t want or need to sell. It will be hard to replace his goals with £1.5m, let alone anything less even with a Pompey reject. Selling would be a huge exercise of shooting ourself in the foot. Ain’t happening.
Robin
I don't agree with RCS often but it's worth noting that we stood firm from interest and offers from Peterborough in our valuation and we have a new and ambitious chairman so I doubt our valuation would drop significantly but the option of a player coming the other way may work if it's a good quality forward.
horlickfanclub
Chaplin and Hawkins look a good combo.
Artemis
Now, a proven L2 strike pairing, in exchange for Mo and a million quid, now that might be worth considering....