Jordan Cranston

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Has a new (League Two) club: http://bit.ly/CranstonNewClub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Elpuz
Good luck to Jordan, and he’s another that deserves a good welcome when he comes back to play us at Whaddon Road. We should always remember and honour our Champions on their return.
Ladyrobin
Absolutely delighted Jordan has a new club. I think we were too hasty in letting him go. He was an asset before he was injured. Hope he does well.
Robin
I agree, can never fault his effort even if his performances were a bit of a mixed bag. A player with some potential and showed in glimpses his talent but needs to find some consistency.

I would expect him to receive a largely positive reception when he returns.
Robin
Ladyrobin wrote:Absolutely delighted Jordan has a new club. I think we were too hasty in letting him go. He was an asset before he was injured. Hope he does well.
Would you not prefer Chris Hussey at full back? I agree Cranston started last season well before his injury but do feel his release was right for all parties (i.e. he gets to start at Morecambe rather than likely warm the bench here).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Ladyrobin wrote:Absolutely delighted Jordan has a new club. I think we were too hasty in letting him go. He was an asset before he was injured. Hope he does well.
Would you not prefer Chris Hussey at full back? I agree Cranston started last season well before his injury but do feel his release was right for all parties (i.e. he gets to start at Morecambe rather than likely warm the bench here).
No reason why one cannot both prefer Hussey to start and have Cranston as the second LB in the squad - we do need two in the squad for each position after all.
Ihearye
Not sure what Cranston is but am pretty certain LB is not where you want him
Benctfc
Was always a liability at the back and never managed to string together a run of good performances. In saying that I have nothing against him and will clap him when he returns he was always trying just probably not good enough for a top half team which is why we upgraded with Hussey.
CTFC03
Cranston was fine in the NL until we got promoted and then he unfortunately was absolutely shocking, even last season when his performances were slightly better he was still not quite with it, he's just not up to it and is a liability at this level, I don't remember a single player being directly involved in letting in so many goals, being booked quite a lot & giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas & the numerous penalties he gave away too, in a nice way it's good riddance as he always put the effort in.
Robin
Was he really any worse than Jamie Grimes in that regard?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Was he really any worse than Jamie Grimes in that regard?
Depends if you’re someone who went to the games deliberately looking to spot every error small or large only by Cranston, only by Grimes, or by the whole team.
Artemis
I've not seen Chris Hussey play for CTFC yet, so my only comment is that on paper and based on experience he should be a better fit at left back. But until he's played a few games, I'll reserve judgement on their actual relative merits.
Ihearye
Worse in so far as he has been culpable for a longer period of time ?
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Depends if you’re someone who went to the games deliberately looking to spot every error small or large only by Cranston, only by Grimes, or by the whole team.

Firstly, you didn't have to look deliberately, you just had to watch the game and see who should have done better/lost the ball/lost the man/gave away the free kick for the goal.

Secondly, no he wasn't really worse than Grimes. They were both poor, full or errors and that's why they were both let go.