Gary Johnson on Mo Eisa's value and Bristol City friendly

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Watch/read here: http://bit.ly/EisaValue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Ha! :)
If Man United come in it'll be a lot more, if Forest Green Rovers come in it'll be a lot more than that.
Shade
asl wrote:Ha! :)
If Man United come in it'll be a lot more, if Forest Green Rovers come in it'll be a lot more than that.
:lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good to see Gary re-iterating that we don’t want to sell and Mo doesn’t want to leave.
Robin
I am a bit concerned GJ doesn't seem to realise we are 1-2 strikers light at this stage of the season, that and a left sided player then we should be good.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am sure it hasn’t passed him by, Robin.
shevates
Robin wrote:I am a bit concerned GJ doesn't seem to realise we are 1-2 strikers light at this stage of the season, that and a left sided player then we should be good.
You mean just like we didnt have right back ar the club, well he eventually realised that after a season, so maybe Robin you might get your request for 2019/20 lol. I hope im joking
Artemis
You seriously think a manager with Gary's experience doesn't realise that 3 strikers, one of whom is the subject of transfer speculation, probably isn't sufficient? So why did he try to sign Andy Williams? There will be forwards coming in, of that I'm sure.
Robin
Yes I am sure too Art however watch the interview and he states he would be happy with his squad if the season started tomorrow. Think we could easily make the case for two strikers at this point.
Artemis
What else is he going to say, Robin? My strikers aren't good enough?
Plus he has the transfer window post season commencement to bulk up the quality and quantity of the frontline.
Lord Elpuz
There will almost certainly be negotiations going on, and because finances are always carefully balanced at this level, there will likely be a domino effect once Mo’s valuation is met and GJ will then trigger his main target(s) elsewhere (or even with the purchasing club, in a player(s)-plus-cash exchange).

Currently causing mass amusement on Twitter is some muppet calling himself “Raymond Lyons Sport - The home of EFL Transfer News” with a massive following of 23, initially reporting that Mo was moving to Notts County, but has subsequently posted “Bad news for Notts County fans. Mohamed Eisa is set to snub the Magpies, instead setting his sights on a move to either Sheffield United or Bristol City” followed later with “It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my Twitter retirement. Will miss all you folk and bringing you the latest transfer news. This however is not goodbye, but a see you soon”, after receiving some ‘keen’ responses from CTFC fans, including Finners.
Robin
Artemis wrote:What else is he going to say, Robin? My strikers aren't good enough?
Plus he has the transfer window post season commencement to bulk up the quality and quantity of the frontline.
I don't see how it's a problem to acknowledge we need a striker or two. Also doesn't the window close early this year and deadline is relatively soon.
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
If we say we need strikers it gives leverage to those hunting Mo
The only bit of your post i didn’t agree with and have to ask how does this give those hunting Mo leverage?

If anything if we say we need strikers, then we are saying we can’t afford to be without Mo, so it will cost someone a lot more to prise him away from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
The only bit of your post i didn’t agree with and have to ask how does this give those hunting Mo leverage?

If anything if we say we need strikers, then we are saying we can’t afford to be without Mo, so it will cost someone a lot more to prise him away from us.

It could give an impression we are already thinking about replacements, suggesting we are in a selling mindset re: Mo and may mean buying clubs push player swaps in lieu of cash on the basis that we need players more than we need the money.

Ihearye
Andy wrote:

It could give an impression we are already thinking about replacements, suggesting we are in a selling mindset re: Mo and may mean buying clubs push player swaps in lieu of cash on the basis that we need players more than we need the money.

Logic implying we would somehow be talked into taking a player we didn't want.

If it was a player plus cash and GJ saw that player as someone who he thought could a) do a good job in L2, b) he wanted c) he thought would fit in d) the money was deemed a good deal. Then cash Plus a player could easily be a good option.
If it doesn't fit, then all GJ has to say is no thanks.
It would be a very peculiar situation if GJ was not thinking about replacements and I am sure it doesn't take a mastermind from another club to work that bit out
GJ, no matter what you may think, is in a selling mind-set. The very fact that he is quoting what region in monetary terms he would accept for Mo, means he is in that mind-set