£1million bid rejected for Eisa

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/MillionPoundEisa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Well done to the club for sticking to their guns.
Lord Elpuz
Malabus wrote:Well done to the club for sticking to their guns.
Yes, absolutely. GJ won’t allow CTFC to get mugged off, like has happened to the Club in the past with previous star assets.

This rejected bid has all the hallmarks of the Club having the ducks already lined up. One rumour on another thread that I think would be an excellent way forward - if true - would be Bristol City buying Mo for our asking price, then loaning him back to us for another season.

Having said that of course, any Championship Club or higher making a similar offer would be very good news indeed.
Robin
Genuinely cannot see any club buying him for seven figures and loaning him back to us immediately. It seems there is strong interest from the Championship however and rumours around Pompey still circulate.

Anyway well done the club for rejecting this, hopefully a sign we are learning and shedding the little old Cheltenham image once and for all.
Horteng
Have Bristol City got any cash? If so surely theyd be interested and among the front runners to sign him given the Johnson relationship and geography of Bristol being close to where he currently plays
Nesty
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Malabus wrote:Well done to the club for sticking to their guns.
Yes, absolutely. GJ won’t allow CTFC to get mugged off, like has happened to the Club in the past with previous star assets.

This rejected bid has all the hallmarks of the Club having the ducks already lined up. One rumour on another thread that I think would be an excellent way forward - if true - would be Bristol City buying Mo for our asking price, then loaning him back to us for another season.

Having said that of course, any Championship Club or higher making a similar offer would be very good news indeed.
I wondered that , but realistically cannot see it happening. We do however need to sign a couple of strikers asap whether Mo goes or not
Robin
Bristol City sold a number of players this summer including Bobby Reid for a reported £10million so I would imagine they could meet the fee no problem however they are being linked with Jack Marriott from Peterborough. As for geography Mo's family is in London so I would imagine Brentford would be a better fit for him.
chelters
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/14/dn ... nham-town/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Dream on Sunderland. Like he'd go all the way up there to play in League 1 for a club in disarray.