Bristol City v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Live updates from Weston-super-Mare here throughout the evening: http://bit.ly/CityvChelt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
4-1 to Bristol City at HT.....I can envisage another season to forget.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
longmover
GJ OUT!!!!!
horlickfanclub
Our Cup form is poor this season.
Robin
Can't read too much into pre-season friendlies especially when we've played arguably our two toughest games first.
Alf
I realise the comments are tongue in cheek but GJ is putting a team of new recruits together and did anyone really expect us to turn over a decent Bristol City side?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:I realise the comments are tongue in cheek but GJ is putting a team of new recruits together and did anyone really expect us to turn over a decent Bristol City side?
Completely baffled every year that idiots still pay any notice to results in pre-season.
theidlerich
...more to the point was anyone there at Weston - s - mud, to view and have an opinion on any newbies? Certainly cannot gauge as a team performance at this stage [four proper games in at least!]?
Shade
Couldn't believe it when I saw the result on facebook last night accompanied by "angry face" reactions. How can you be angry by a result when you've been beaten by a team from two divisions above, this early in pre-season? Morons.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Couldn't believe it when I saw the result on facebook last night accompanied by "angry face" reactions. How can you be angry by a result when you've been beaten by a team from two divisions above, this early in pre-season? Morons.
In a game where tackles won’t be made in earnest, and sprints and total distance run will be limited.

Really is absolute nonsense and a damning indictment of the intelligence of some who follow the club. Morons is the correct word.
Lord Elpuz
The sad reality of today’s ‘fickle-few’ fans is that they will only support a winning team, in order to keep their own flimsy egos massaged.

On the one hand, I am absolutely delighted that England are doing so well in the World Cup, but from Cheltenham’s perspective, the fact England have taken the World Cup by storm will only serve to fuel the flimsy ego-massaging of the very people who will only follow a winning side, so England’s excellent results will have a somewhat detrimental effect on any Cheltenham games where we fail to match these new found expectations of the ‘fickle-few’ fans.

They only sing when they’re winning.
hEaLeR
theidlerich wrote:...more to the point was anyone there at Weston - s - mud, to view and have an opinion on any newbies? Certainly cannot gauge as a team performance at this stage [four proper games in at least!]?
Bristol City oozed class in the first half, our younger lads showed spirit in the second. Lots of hard work needed and it’s going to take time to gel.

Goal1
https://twitter.com/healer_ctfc/status/ ... 19296?s=21

Goal2
https://twitter.com/healer_ctfc/status/ ... 76323?s=21
Lord Elpuz
Nice one hEaLeR, thank you.
horlickfanclub
Lovely calm finish by Dawes. Thanks for the pictures.