It's....got on the wrong plane...

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Andy
Oh well. I guess we'll have to settle for 3rd or 4th now...
Shade
That'll be 4th then. Unless Belgium literally can't be assed with the game, because I doubt we will be either. A second "friendly" of the tournament v Belgium.

Still, Kane has the golden boot all to himself unless a player scores a hat-trick in the final or Lukaku 2 against us.
Red Duke
To me, it is has been like a build-up to a play-off final, you get the buzz beforehand of where everybody is talking about it, you get the high when your team is in the lead, the disappointment when you go behind, the hope you will equalise and then the final reality that you are going to lose. After the game, you think of the if, buts and maybes that could have changed the result.

For those that have recently jumped onto the bandwagon as football supporters by following England, they can now experience what most football fans go through when watching their team play and lose and how they feel on Saturday night.
Shade
Red Duke wrote:
For those that have recently jumped onto the bandwagon as football supporters by following England, they can now experience what most football fans go through when watching their team play and lose and how they feel on Saturday night.
Except they've probably already hopped off the bandwagon as there's no more parties to go to.
longmover
We played two decent teams and got beat three times by them, improvement yes, but still some distance away from the tier 1 nations, expect Germany et al to all come back stronger. One thing that really annoys me is the constant comparison between rugby and football from all the (lets say) non sporting enthusiasts, I had to walk out of the office on Thursday morning otherwise I would of said something i would later regret.
Shade
I don't count that first game, 9 changes for Belgium and 8 for us. Even on Saturday, we made several changes and Belgium went pretty much full strength. We were the better team for a long period of the second half after Lingard and Rashford came on, and were very unlucky not to score when Dier's little chip was cleared off the line (if he'd kept it 10 inches off the ground into the net it would have been in, mind). But I guess that just proves that the depth of the squad isn't there. Yet.

Regarding the depth of the squad, I just saw that the U19 Euros start today, England's first game tomorrow, and 10 players that would be picked are unavailable because of the terrible timing of the event. Players like Phil Foden, Jaden Sancho haven't been released by their clubs, who would rather have them in pre-season training, and Ryan Seesegnon is now considered part of the U21's, despite still being 17. This might not mean too much for this tournament, but England have to reach the semi-finals (qualify top 2 from their group) in order to qualify for next year's World Cup. If England's young players miss out on that, it may be a bit of a setback after doing so well last year.