Cirencester Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here from this evening's friendly: http://bit.ly/CirenVChelt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Video of the new trialist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQmMfVOFY8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Central midfielder from France and seems he also played against West Brom for us so he's been around a little while now.
itsallbollox
He looks very handy scored a nice goal to. Nice Hatrick for Mo in the first half, 4-0 half time, had to leave after 20 mins of the second half so don't know final score....
Malabus
Bags of confidence with the soccer ball.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Shade
Where do you get central midfielder from, Robin? JP and GJ said he's a forward and played up front, several times, and that he did well up there with Mo.

From that video, which looks like a kick about in the park between one man and a load of boys, he looks to potentially have all the technical and dribbling ability of Sellars but with a lot more end product.
Andy
Wikipedia and transfermarkt.co.uk list him as Midfield.

What was the formation re our upfront players yesterday. Are we playing someone behind Mo so a 1-1 (attacking midfield / lone striker) up front or are we playing 2 strikers up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lord Elpuz
Wasn’t at the game v Cirencester, so can only pick up on what others have said and the video footage in Robin’s post above. Was it the case that we had just the one trialist at Cirencester - and that the trialist was the young man featuring in the footage provided by Robin?

The video indicates that he has some real potential, nice balance, very good control, drops his shoulder to throw opponents and glides past them with some ease and he can score goals, as he did (if the same person) v Cirencester. He looks like he could be another really good find.

There was one comment on the game last night from hEaLeR regarding a trialist: “Trialist has been poor, nothing to see here” and hEaLeR watches more games than most and gives honest and forthright opinions. Anyone else go, and what did they think of this trialist, again assuming we are talking the same person?

Hopefully he will get some more testing game time, along with the training, to prove whether he can do it at League 2 (or higher) level. He clearly has ability.
kiaora84
I didn’t go but believe it’s the same person. I read (from a Football Manager forum that he is a attacking CM.

Also Healers post was followed by a winky face so I assume he was being sarcastic
Robin
It's the same player guys, GJ did an interview on thissiglos after the game didn't seem to want to give much away and also Peter Johnson is in the video I posted.` I'd imagine we are giving this lad a serious look but obviously Cirencester is a very low level of competition to hard to judge especially in friendly.
RubyRedRobin
Healer must have been being sarcastic. He drew the foul for the first goal from Mo, slid Mo in for the second and got the third. Can’t say from the rest of his performance as I wasn’t there, but looks really quite good so far from the trial vid and the result against Ciren. Be interesting to see how he fares against Birmingham.
horlickfanclub
Looks strong and great skill. The moves and turn of pace he has will not disappear at our level. Plays like Kanu of the Arsenal. Sign him on .
Nesty
I say (again) sign those strikers we need NOW - please don't hang around waiting for MO to leave -
itsallbollox
As I said he looks very handy playing up front with Mo. Some really nice touches and can pass well to, you can only play what's in front of you I thought he did well playing along side Mo, would like to see him against Birmingham to see if he can step up personally I think he could, as with all the new signings look far more composed on the ball, really looking forward to the season starting, think we might surprise a few of the moaners on here.
Lord Elpuz
Thanks for the clarifications regarding the trialist. He looks to be a very promising find, and just goes to prove the value of Pete Johnson, particularly if this lastest lad is able to step up. From the footage I have seen he certainly looks the part - as others have remarked he can pick a pass, and he has decent awareness of his team mates positions on the pitch. He fights to regain the ball if disposed too and looks strong. Very well done again Pete Johnson if that’s another jewel unearthed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a contract offer in due course, before someone else tries to nick him.
hEaLeR
Trialist was decent. Don’t want to overhype it or alert other clubs. Very reminiscent of Mo in his playing style & look.