Eisa again.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vickeryc
Robin wrote:Just a couple of other names to throw out there Danny Newton at Stevenage and Jon Stead at Notts County. I know Stead is getting on but he'd be perfect for us if he's dropped down the pecking order up there. Newton may be difficult but Stevenage may find cash hard to resist.
Totally agree about Stead. A quality player who possibly has another season or two left at this level. Would be a great signing.
vickeryc
Si Robin wrote:No it doesn't sound more far-fetched because the crucial point is that it was a mid-season transfer and Dele Alli was 18 years old. He wasn't even supposed to be a first-team player when he eventually joined up with the club that summer and got a chance due to injuries. He then took that chance with both hands and made himself undroppable.

Mo on the other hand is 24 years old and about to reach the peak of his playing days. He will be expected to fight for a place in the first team from day one and will only be loaned out further down the line if he doesn't make the grade. This sale to City is the exact same as when they signed Matt Taylor from Bristol Rovers two summers ago - he didn't make the grade there, let's hope Mo does.
I don't quite follow your point, Si - maybe there's a typo. You say a loan move for Mo back to Cheltenham doesn't sound more far-fetched (than Delle Ali's loan back to MKD) then go on to explain the opposite. I assume you meant to say a loan move for Mo does sound more far-fetched?

On the same topic, I see Ihearye indirectly (and needlessly) disparaged LE's point, stating that "some people talk nonsense" and "comparing the two situations in an attempt to rubbish someone else's point of view is ridiculous". All I'll say is pots and kettles.
silverrobin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Christian Doidge.

That would be a real slap in the face for our illustrious neighbours.

Can't see it tho unless he suddenly has to play second fiddle to another player.

Would be some payback for the Winchester saga!!
Robin
Doidge would be a good signing for us but you just know they will ask for a silly fee from us so it's a non-starter.
Si Robin
vickeryc wrote:
Si Robin wrote:No it doesn't sound more far-fetched because the crucial point is that it was a mid-season transfer and Dele Alli was 18 years old. He wasn't even supposed to be a first-team player when he eventually joined up with the club that summer and got a chance due to injuries. He then took that chance with both hands and made himself undroppable.

Mo on the other hand is 24 years old and about to reach the peak of his playing days. He will be expected to fight for a place in the first team from day one and will only be loaned out further down the line if he doesn't make the grade. This sale to City is the exact same as when they signed Matt Taylor from Bristol Rovers two summers ago - he didn't make the grade there, let's hope Mo does.
I don't quite follow your point, Si - maybe there's a typo. You say a loan move for Mo back to Cheltenham doesn't sound more far-fetched (than Delle Ali's loan back to MKD) then go on to explain the opposite. I assume you meant to say a loan move for Mo does sound more far-fetched?

On the same topic, I see Ihearye indirectly (and needlessly) disparaged LE's point, stating that "some people talk nonsense" and "comparing the two situations in an attempt to rubbish someone else's point of view is ridiculous". All I'll say is pots and kettles.

I think you misread vickeryc, Lord Elpuz said:

"It’s ok for Spurs to splash out £5M for an asset to go straight back out on loan to a lower League club because a very young player insisted he did so and was getting regular football? Does that sound more far-fetched than Mo being loaned back?"

He is asking does it sound more far-fetched for Spurs to loan Dele Alli back than Mo being loaned back to us - and the answer is no it doesn't sound more far-fetched as per my explanation.
vickeryc
Si Robin wrote:
vickeryc wrote:

I think you misread vickeryc, Lord Elpuz said:

"It’s ok for Spurs to splash out £5M for an asset to go straight back out on loan to a lower League club because a very young player insisted he did so and was getting regular football? Does that sound more far-fetched than Mo being loaned back?"

He is asking does it sound more far-fetched for Spurs to loan Dele Alli back than Mo being loaned back to us - and the answer is no it doesn't sound more far-fetched as per my explanation.
Thanks for the explanation Si Robin. I was obviously in doze mode and lost track of who was saying what!
little mo
Is JP right about Mo going to Bristol C, I looked on their forum Saturday night to see what they thought about it,but nothing on there. Them someone posted Eisa on his way to ashton gate with a link to JP's report. When I went back on later to see the response it was gone. Seems strange to me.
Robin
JP is usually on the money, anyone have a link to their site? I think their team is on a pre-season trip in Spain which may be delaying things.
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:You can’t compare the two :lol:

Alli was 17/18 year old and was signed mid season. He was loaned back to MK dons because he was playing regular first team football there, which he wouldn’t of for Spurs at that time. Only after a preseason did they then think he was ready for the first team. Also it’s well documented he asked to go back to MK Dons in order to help them achieve promotion.

Eisa is 24 going a club in preseason and will be expecting (also expected) to be challenging for a first team place. He won’t be going out in loan...not to L2 anyway
So So true, people do talk some nonsense. To even start to compare the two situations as an attempt to 'rubbish' someones point of view, is ridiculous.
Well, let’s wait and see ;)

It’s ok for Spurs to splash out £5M for an asset to go straight back out on loan to a lower League club because a very young player insisted he did so and was getting regular football? Does that sound more far-fetched than Mo being loaned back?
The loaning back of Alli, was part of the purchase deal. If Mo is to be loaned back as per Alli, we will know our answer this week sometime (if the deal actually goes through) . So still think it sounds more far-fetched that Bristol City are purchasing a 24 year old striker with a view of not using him until he is 25?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:Is JP right about Mo going to Bristol C, I looked on their forum Saturday night to see what they thought about it,but nothing on there. Them someone posted Eisa on his way to ashton gate with a link to JP's report. When I went back on later to see the response it was gone. Seems strange to me.
Fake News? Deliberate ploy to put an end to joke bids from the likes of Posh and Sunderland?

Bristol Post article from a couple of days ago. Note the quote from CTFC doesn’t name the club: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... er-1811898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
"If you want him, you'll have to bid more than £1.5m now"....;)

Also, any talk on Mo being loaned back to us is nonsense. Maybe in January, if he has a bad first half of the season there.
vickeryc
Ihearye is probably right although a loan might not be totally out of the question - especially as City will know very well that Mo would hit the ground running here. I accept, however, that if City don't want to throw Mo straight into the Championship, it would be more logical loan him to a L1 club to assist his progression to Championship level. That said, he is clearly a quick learner having stepped up four levels when he joined us!
Ihearye
Shade wrote:"If you want him, you'll have to bid more than £1.5m now"....;)

Also, any talk on Mo being loaned back to us is nonsense. Maybe in January, if he has a bad first half of the season there.
Or you could forget the 1.5 and give us 1.0 over a period of time. Someone call Bences and tell them to hold fire on that rebuild order.
horlickfanclub
I wouldn't worry about a rebuild while the Council are sorting out Cakebridge Place. I would guess 2022.
Ihearye
horlickfanclub wrote:I wouldn't worry about a rebuild while the Council are sorting out Cakebridge Place. I would guess 2022.
:) hs to be said, the weeds were looking quite spectacular on Saturday
Johnsons Red Army
Piece on Mo on Sky Sports website:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... his-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
little mo
Big article on Mo in last Sundays Non League paper. Graham Alexander saying Mo deserves any success he gets.
When he managed him he worked so hard and listened and really wanted to improve. Alexander would be worth listening to, he banged a few in for Millwall and others.
THECHOIRBOY
Mildly linked, but Accrington have rejected a bid of 1.75 million for Kayden Jackson..... Who has now handed in a transfer request.

That's a big offer to be turning down but guess they have a lot of hopes pinned on him to keep them up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Mildly linked, but Accrington have rejected a bid of 1.75 million for Kayden Jackson..... Who has now handed in a transfer request.

That's a big offer to be turning down but guess they have a lot of hopes pinned on him to keep them up.
Fair play for turning it down. Shows they value L1 football more than a quick buck to throw down the money pit of running a club - more ambition than we showed by happily selling our promotion chances to the (not necessarily) highest bidder. Good luck to them if he keeps them up.
Robin
Jeez they signed him for a reported £30,000 only last season too and he's no where near as good as Mo.
paperboy
..this is the Peterborough take on Mo's transfer.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... go-1858781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More than a grain of truth in his statement.
Robin
Good article, think the Peterborough chairman is being very open there. Agents always using other clubs interest to inflate fees and we've been on the wrong end of that before, particularly Marc Richards who we bid £100k for when he was at Port Vale.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sour grapes from the cheap suits and cologne in the Posh boardroom.
Ihearye
I wouldn't be surprised if large parts of this were true. It lines up with GJ statement that BC told him a long time ago they wanted Mo. Just makes you wonder why it all took so long
CTFC03
MacAnthony comes across very well from what I've seen, ambitious but sensible from his posts I've seen on Twitter, I think they are lucky to have him.
Robin
Would have been a great owner here also, think he saw Posh on TV programme whilst living in Ireland and decided to invest. They've done very well under his tenure.
ctfc-fan
I’m glad he didn’t go there as it’s a finger up to that odious prick Steve Evans and he would have loved to have got one over on us.