More Dale Vince nonsense on new FGR kit

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
“A star is printed above the player name to signify the club’s promotion to the Football League in 2017, with two stars greyed-out to represent the chairman Dale Vince’s ambition to reach the Championship in the coming seasons.”

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/2018/fgr-rev ... ummel-kits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:“A star is printed above the player name to signify the club’s promotion to the Football League in 2017, with two stars greyed-out to represent the chairman Dale Vince’s ambition to reach the Championship in the coming seasons.”

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/2018/fgr-rev ... ummel-kits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where does the prick appear on the kit ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:“A star is printed above the player name to signify the club’s promotion to the Football League in 2017, with two stars greyed-out to represent the chairman Dale Vince’s ambition to reach the Championship in the coming seasons.”

Where does the prick appear on the kit ?
Above the number seven, I believe.
Nesty
as long as we finish above them again I dont care about Mr Stale Mince
Shade
Jesus Christ, how pretentious. Shall we put 5 stars above the names on our kit to signify our two promotions to the League, two play-off victories and FA Trophy win, and three greyed out for when we dream of getting to the PL? Twats.
Andy
They can put 101 grey stars on their shirt for all I care, won’t make any difference. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph
"The home shirt features the club’s famous green and black hoops,"

I thought they were famous for black and white stripes? Looks like FGR history has been erased up till the moment he turned up
Ihearye
I am finding it exceedingly hard to locate a feck I can give about this 'man' or his 'club'.

Had to laugh hearing him lauded on the radio as the owner of the UN's first carbon neutral football club.

Waiting for some organisation to award him the first, disabled away support, neutral club, award
Ralph
Those stars.. Seriously, what a lot of total BS lol
Si Robin
I think the latest tweet from them is proof that the whole point of the club is to generate publicity for him and Ecotricity. As the old saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity.

https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official/stat ... 7743635457

The responses to the tweet from the FGR fans are what sums it up - all of them embarrassed at the club. It's a shame that this is what they've become.
Andy
Looks like they missed an F at the start as well. #FFGR

Shade
Si Robin wrote:I think the latest tweet from them is proof that the whole point of the club is to generate publicity for him and Ecotricity. As the old saying goes, no publicity is bad publicity.

https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official/stat ... 7743635457

The responses to the tweet from the FGR fans are what sums it up - all of them embarrassed at the club. It's a shame that this is what they've become.
Those twitter comments are the funniest thing I've read this month so far. Here was me thinking it was just Chelt fans that thought all of that.
Si Robin
The genuine FGR fans I know have hated everything about the rebranding of the club since Vince came in.

A lot have stuck by for the ride, but even then they hate what they've become.
Sprout Picker
Cringe-worthy but probably what we've come to expect from Egotricity FC.
King giraffe iii
Si Robin wrote:The genuine FGR fans I know have hated everything about the rebranding of the club since Vince came in.

Yup. It's embarrassing. Truly embarrassing.
Chris FGR
Si Robin wrote:The genuine FGR fans I know have hated everything about the rebranding of the club since Vince came in.

I'd say that pretty accurately sums up my feelings too. The environmental bits I can live with, in many ways they are a positive message although I'll never be a vegan but it's the total disregard of the club's identity/heritage that annoys me.

This latest move is the club being intentionally brash and to rile people up just to attact attention, with no thought whatsoever for what our fans think. It could backfire though, as we've made ourselves a target again.
everyman
Can i see a t-shirt covered in grey stars above FFGR ?
Shade
everyman wrote:Can i see a t-shirt covered in grey stars above FFGR ?
I'd buy one :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A few ideas for CTFC fans to mock the stars...

A banner stating “CTFC: PURE GOLD” with four gold stars for Conference champions and L2 play-off champions.

A banner stating “CTFC: Forest Green forever in our shadow” with our four gold stars emblazoned with CTFC, and each with a grey shadow labelled FGR, representing their comical grey stars.

For the match at their discriminatory shed, each Robins fan could take a little bag of 1-200 grey paper stars. Then during the game in unison thrown them onto the pitch. Over ten thousand grey paper stars would be quite a sight.
Horteng

It is nonsense and a joke with their kit but sadly you've fell for it RCS. This thread is exactly what Dale wants.... People talking about him/ FGR

Let them get on with it..... We will have the last laugh when it all goes wrong there
theidlerich
...........love it - they must be trying to emulate the badge regime at McDonald's!

[ps Ecotricity is not the best value energy supplier either...someway down the list I gather]
Johnsons Red Army
https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status/10 ... 7893903360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :roll:
Shade
:lol: oh my God...moron is the word that immediately springs to mind. I can see a regular fan doing this but he's the club owner...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I wonder if they are actual tats or just henna or even felt-tip pen.

What an absolute odious twerp he is proving to be.
Alf
Best way to deal with an attention seeker is to ignore them.
Johnsons Red Army
I'd rather laugh at him instead :lol: !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Best way to deal with an attention seeker is to ignore them.
More fun to mock and belittle them. And it means both parties can enjoy it rather than both parties having to suffer in silence, so it is the utility maximising option too.
asl
I'd rather just beat them on the pitch, personally. I don't give a damn about the side-shows at the circus.

Unfortunately, they currently have all the recent bragging-rights.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I'd rather just beat them on the pitch, personally. I don't give a damn about the side-shows at the circus.

The sprout Winchester’s mob going to be beaten comfortably by CTFC this season.
Alf
I’m ignoring you now.
Andy
Is it me or is the first star not straight / in line with the other two.

Shade
Andy wrote:Is it me or is the first star not straight / in line with the other two.

Are you trying to say it's bent...?
Horteng
asl wrote:I'd rather just beat them on the pitch, personally. I don't give a damn about the side-shows at the circus.

Well said...... If they beat us (Again) ultimately they have the best laugh

Lets concentrate on the game rivalry not the ecotricity/fgr/dale vince comedy sketch they are currently producing
Ihearye
Like all total vvankers, best ignored
longmover
:lol: :lol: the plight of that club is never ending