Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
Rather reluctant to post but ......Thoughts on game 1: Maddox bright young prospect, but lightweight, a cross between Mellor & Eisa without the goal scoring ability. Duku willing but not yet ready for league footy; especially the sharpness required at this level; seemed undecided at times. Perhaps more game time; team really hasn’t gelled; should have by now if coach & manager up to the task. Tozer didn’t hit the spot for me, nor McLinden; better when Broome & Dawson came on second half. Pity about the penalty; should have watched England !! Flinders saved us from a sound defeat; we didn’t look capable of scoring. Few genuine attempts at goal; where are our strikers? Team management poor, as tactics; believed last season GJ has lost his way and what I saw confirms my suspicions. Crawley looked better and were more confident in their play; passes found their players rather more easily; we were poor in that regard, especially Atanga, his short passes within midfield ok, but longer out to our strikers were woeful! Crawley struck quickly, we seemed to have gaping holes in our mid-field. Pity we didn’t get a draw; but much to ponder. However early days….I trust.
Thought the 'Iheareye' recent post hitting the spot.
Horteng
Totally embarrassing and unacceptable that we ended the first game of the season with a centre back playing upfront [TIRED FACE]
Robin
That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.
horlickfanclub
There is plenty of room in the old stand for six players to sit on their arse .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.
Why on earth was Graham shown the door?
Robin
Because he fell out with the manager, was rumoured to be one of our higher earners and I suspect because we were confident of signing a new striker.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Because he fell out with the manager, was rumoured to be one of our higher earners and I suspect because we were confident of signing a new striker.
only room for one ego ?
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.
Why on earth was Graham shown the door?
Because he was not good enough
Si Robin
Because he was injured more than he was fit maybe.