New shirts.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Many were having trouble naming our players,the numbers hard to read in the stripes,can Errea send another set with a plain back ?
paperboy
... and while we are at it I couldn't read some of the text on the scoreboard. :-)
asl
everyman wrote:Many were having trouble naming our players,the numbers hard to read in the stripes,can Errea send another set with a plain back ?
Quite agree. I said the same thing during the match.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sack the Board.
theidlerich
...presumably that's the scoreBOARD?
plymrob
This kind of sums it all up for me. Let's have a pop...
Ihearye
plymrob wrote:This kind of sums it all up for me. Let's have a pop...
Please tell me you are joking? Someone saying they have difficulty reading the names or the scoreboard, is having a pop????
Actually I agree with the names remark, sone are difficult to make out.
theidlerich
True, the 'shirt' names are tricky to decipher; the 'scoreboard' is in the wrong place [the larger crowd [blocks1,2&3]in the In2p/S&B/or whatever its called now] have difficulty in reading it, only if they are willing to suffer permanent damage to their cervical vertebrae [cricked neck!]. Why wasn't it paced in front of that large, ugly depressing stand behind the new dugouts [very posh and those standing behind can see better too!].
kora
Why would you want to read names on shirts, you should know who your team's players are.
Andy
theidlerich wrote:True, the 'shirt' names are tricky to decipher; the 'scoreboard' is in the wrong place [the larger crowd [blocks1,2&3]in the In2p/S&B/or whatever its called now] have difficulty in reading it, only if they are willing to suffer permanent damage to their cervical vertebrae [cricked neck!]. Why wasn't it paced in front of that large, ugly depressing stand behind the new dugouts [very posh and those standing behind can see better too!].
I always thought one would look good now in the opposite corner to the current one - so over by or to replace the Yeates clock.

Perhaps we can start another crowdfunding to pay for a second one - although if there are plans for a new stand - it would be pointless spending out to put anything that side yet until new stand completed...whenever that will be...and hopefully a new stand could incorporate a new scoreboard within it...
theidlerich
kora wrote:Why would you want to read names on shirts, you should know who your team's players are.
Rather early to recognise and 'know' the players, especially as seen for the first time last Saturday! Further, a few photos were missing from the programme as presumably late arrivals! I'm not sure, but you may have noticed that we have had quite a significant turnover over the past years. GJ, if last years shambles is anything to go by, tends to swop and change his team of the week rather too often too!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:Why would you want to read names on shirts, you should know who your team's players are.
So a big V sign to any new fans coming to WR for the first time. Nice.