Tranmere Rovers 11/08/2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Red Duke
I am off to the game tomorrow and after reading all the comments on the forum, I fear for the worse but go with just a little bit of hope (as there wasn't a midweek match, maybe they could work on tactics and formations).

It would appear that everything has changed (mainly the players) but nothing has changed (especially on the forum).

I am going by car and I have bought a car park ticket for £5.00 online for their main car park. Do CTFC offer a simailer service for their own main car park? If they don't, they ought to consider it.
shevates
Although not a very happy bunny I will be at Tranmere on Saturday cheering the team on 100%. If we fail to deliver my grievances will be expressed in here and not at individuals at the game
Andy
Red Duke wrote:
I am going by car and I have bought a car park ticket for £5.00 online for their main car park. Do CTFC offer a simailer service for their own main car park? If they don't, they ought to consider it.
I believe they do a season ticket for the car park and most spaces are taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Duke
Andy wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
I believe they do a season ticket for the car park and most spaces are taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking that should offer something similar for away fans at Whaddon Road. Are the Robins missing a marketing opportunity? Have they thought of including the price of a parking space with an away ticket?
Artemis
Great idea. Except the car park is already full with car park season ticket holders
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Great idea. Except the car park is already full with car park season ticket holders

Small multi storey. Then undercut other town centre car parks during the week to turnover cash and run a premium park and ride during race week.
Ihearye
I believe a small single deck 'multi storey' is planned for the rail station that caters for 70 cars. Cost is c700,000. Would be a long time for that to come back to us
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:I believe a small single deck 'multi storey' is planned for the rail station that caters for 70 cars. Cost is c700,000. Would be a long time for that to come back to us
Fair enough.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:Great idea. Except the car park is already full with car park season ticket holders

... run a premium park and ride during race week.
Nice idea, but there are no buses available anywhere as they are already used by other racecourse transport providers. Also, some bookies provide a free bus from town to the racecourse if you place your bets in their town betting shops.

The Club did start a parking scheme last year for town workers to leave their cars Mon-Fri for an all day fee, but I have no idea how popular it was, or whether it’s still going?
Shade
Lord Elpuz wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

... run a premium park and ride during race week.
Nice idea, but there are no buses available anywhere as they are already used by other racecourse transport providers. Also, some bookies provide a free bus from town to the racecourse if you place your bets in their town betting shops.

The Club did start a parking scheme last year for town workers to leave their cars Mon-Fri for an all day fee, but I have no idea how popular it was, or whether it’s still going?
Around 200 cars, I'd say, parked at the entrance end of the car park the couple of times I've been there in working hours recently.