Tranmere Rovers v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
For the benefit of Alf/Ihearye/Nesty

Hold on to your testicles .. I was referring to Old TomCat and FGRChris for quite obvious reasons, which only asl had worked out.

Why are some people so self-guilt ridden ?
Alf
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to stuff Tranmere second half and FGR to go down the pan and GJ to win manager of the year, I’m Robins through and through....that’s why I’m so f****** upset. I also live in the real world.
drgm
I think we all feel like that Alf. I lost patience after FGR at home. We played one up front and conceded
the initiative to a team that was clearly low on confidence. We could almost have relegated them that afternoon.
Alf
Lord Elpuz wrote:For the benefit of Alf/Ihearye/Nesty

Hold on to your testicles .. I was referring to Old TomCat and FGRChris for quite obvious reasons, which only asl had worked out.

Someone should hold on to your testicles.....preferably in a vice!
shevates
We are playing a lot better 2nd half
Lord Elpuz
Alf wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:For the benefit of Alf/Ihearye/Nesty

Someone should hold on to your testicles.....preferably in a vice!
What a most unpleasant ruffian you are. Poor show old fellow. Damn poor show. I pray for your caducity.
Alf
shevates wrote:We are playing a lot better 2nd half
Yes we are, Addai has made a difference. A draw would be good.
asl
Nham68 wrote:Rowe also just scored for Fylde..
Penalties don't count, Justin...

Danny Wright scored the only goal in Solihull's win, too.
Benctfc
Same s#!t different season. Johnson is finished as a manager either change manager while there is still time or expect another relegation battle simple as that.
Red Duke
To sum today's game:

MO-FULL to WOEFUL. (c) Kora.

The Robins seemed have made no progress since promotion back to the Football League. The standard of football today has a relegation look all over it. I just hope all those players that are on 2 year contracts have a relegation clause included in it.

The effort is there but the skills aren't. Flinders, Maddox, Mullins and Boyle were OK but the rest need to do more. The game cried out for a creative midfield to expose the lack of pace of McNulty at the back for Tranmere.

The team needs another Harry Pell to drive the team forward and another Winchester to unlock the potential of the young forwards.

Lets hope that GJ has some good loans lined up otherwise we are in for a relegation dog fight.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just one shot on target.

Meanwhile Mo warms the bench until 94th minute.
Rulistening
Should've got rid of Gary a while ago now. His record with us in the league is absolutely awful. I don't think there is any way to defend him anymore. I don't care if this is the 1st game of the season or the 40th, who watches our team from the first game (which was diabolical) and makes ONE change???

Obviously the conference winning year was fantastic and won't be forgotten, but i cant deal with a 3rd year of simply awful football with no actual results from it (i wouldnt mind if we actually WON anything playing this style.. Nevermind a single game!!!!)

Attendances will keep going down whilst he is in charge, it feels more like punishment than enjoyment going to games now. And ive gone and lumbered myself with a season ticket because im a fool :lol:

Only so much Scott Flinders can do in games to try and keep us in them. Poor bloke has made around 30 saves in 2 games now.

Im just so fed up of it,5 wins in the last 25 matches and his job seems as safe as ever. Absolutely ridiculous

How about using that Eisa money to go pay him off instead of splashing it on a striker :roll:
Robin
Red Duke wrote:To sum today's game:

MO-FULL to WOEFUL. (c) Kora.

The Robins seemed have made no progress since promotion back to the Football League. The standard of football today has a relegation look all over it. I just hope all those players that are on 2 year contracts have a relegation clause included in it.

The effort is there but the skills aren't. Flinders, Maddox, Mullins and Boyle were OK but the rest need to do more. The game cried out for a creative midfield to expose the lack of pace of McNulty at the back for Tranmere.

The team needs another Harry Pell to drive the team forward and another Winchester to unlock the potential of the young forwards.

Lets hope that GJ has some good loans lined up otherwise we are in for a relegation dog fight.
That is my biggest gripe, I think most of the players coming in are decent but the formation (442) is not playing to our strengths. We are missing a box to box and ball player in the middle and don't get me started about our forward options. I know we are only two games in but how is Duku our main striker and why was McAlindon given a two year deal?!
Alf
Duku maybe one for the future but don’t think he’s going to be another Mo just yet, if at all. Their back four looked like a bunch of bus drivers and when we did get a bit of pressure towards the end they looked vulnerable. Surely a bit of homework from management should reveal this?
Robin
Sounded like last week that when we played with confidence we caused them problems. Duku for me is a rough gem like KLK, needs some experience up with him.
Si Robin
Alf wrote:Duku maybe one for the future but don’t think he’s going to be another Mo just yet, if at all. Their back four looked like a bunch of bus drivers and when we did get a bit of pressure towards the end they looked vulnerable. Surely a bit of homework from management should reveal this?
How far into the future though? He's 25, he should be reaching the peak of his career.
Robin
Players peak around 28, he's never played full time football before and should be eased in to the team.
Fuller
Robin wrote:Players peak around 28, he's never played full time football before and should be eased in to the team.
He will be now he's injured ....
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:FGR now top of the League - as Reid scores. CTFC at the opposite end. Nest contributors will enjoy that
You can hear your reverse gears being engaged. NO mention of blow in contributors, no mention of some contributors, no mention of FGR contributors.
You need to have a good look at yourself, @rse
Carl The Vegan
Dont worry national league is waiting for you! :D
Alf
Si Robin wrote:
Alf wrote:Duku maybe one for the future but don’t think he’s going to be another Mo just yet, if at all. Their back four looked like a bunch of bus drivers and when we did get a bit of pressure towards the end they looked vulnerable. Surely a bit of homework from management should reveal this?
How far into the future though? He's 25, he should be reaching the peak of his career.
I was trying to be kind. :lol:
Ihearye
Carl The Vegan wrote:Dont worry national league is waiting for you! :D
unfortunately the decision to allow freedom of expression on a forum, does sometimes run the risk of allowing these pages, allegedly infinite as they may well be, to become clogged up with the ramblings of halfwits. Maybe a good steak would be beneficial
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:FGR now top of the League - as Reid scores. CTFC at the opposite end. Nest contributors will enjoy that
You can hear your reverse gears being engaged. NO mention of blow in contributors, no mention of some contributors, no mention of FGR contributors.
asl has already provided more than adequate clarification.

But are you really incapable of understanding inference, or merely seeking to squabble? It’s time for you to run along you tiresome, benighted and loathly little oic.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ihearye wrote:

But are you really incapable of understanding inference, or merely seeking to squabble? It’s time for you to run along you tiresome, benighted and loathly little oic.
‘Oik’, surely, my Lord.
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ihearye wrote:

in the words of Charles Simmons, Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool

enough said
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote: in the words of Charles Simmons, Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool

enough said
In the sublimely apt words of Bill Murray (one assumes you must still in polemical dialogue with him?):

“It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person”

I rest my case.