Winchester

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Carl Winchester seems to have settled into the FGR side and has impressed the supporters there in there pre season campaign
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
:roll:
Lord Elpuz
The old adage “polishing a turd” seems entirely appropriate here, and should guarantee him a very warm welcome when he comes to Johnny Rocks. Personally, I can’t wait.
CTFC03
I don't think we've replaced Pell or Winchester, if we had both of these players back we would be so close to having a potential top 7 squad.
Nesty
Winchester and Pell were repeatedly played out of position here
drgm
Nesty wrote:Winchester and Pell were repeatedly played out of position here
Totally agree. The departure of Pell and Winchester was not inevitable. Being comstantly played out of position
was bound to undermine the confidence of both players. Looks like they both jumped ship at the first
opportunity and who can blame them. Eisa, Winchester and Pell have gone from last seasons team and
people think we could be top seven. This transfer fee will have to be spent very wisely indeed

Sorry to be a bit flat but I am pretty underwhelmed by our close season so far.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pell no loss.
CTFC03
Pell is a massive asset to anybody in this league, I was sad to see him go and hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
Lord Elpuz
Pell was ‘worth’ £200k last season (‘worth being the figure another Club is prepared to pay, ie Blackpool) & this year he was ‘worth’ £100K (to Colchester). As a contract winds down, the price reduces. Pell would have gone for nothing next year. CTFC was right to cash in on him now.

Shame we didn’t have Winchester on a longer contract, but that may have been his own choice. He may have sold his soul to the devil going to FGR, and it could backfire on him, especially if FGR go bust, as is rumoured.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Tozer a decent upgrade.
theidlerich
It will be fascinating to compare Winchester with whoever is his replacement at CTFC when we "meet".
This is a "game" I often consider when watching ; which is the better player ours or the opposition. On balance over the season it was the opposition last year!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Depends how far into the season we face them; the longer the season goes on the worse, fatter, and slower, Winchester will get as the Cooper effect manifests.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:The old adage “polishing a turd” seems entirely appropriate here, and should guarantee him a very warm welcome when he comes to Johnny Rocks. Personally, I can’t wait.
Winchester scores equalising goal in FGR's 4-1 away win at Grimsby. :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:The old adage “polishing a turd” seems entirely appropriate here, and should guarantee him a very warm welcome when he comes to Johnny Rocks. Personally, I can’t wait.
Obviously not Coopered yet. Give it a few months.
shevates
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Obviously not Coopered yet. Give it a few months.
Lol give us a few months and we will be 15 points adrift of FGR and Winnie especially after the aspiring performance of atangana and Tozer
horlickfanclub
Atangana and Tozer's passing yesterday was woeful.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Tozer a decent upgrade.
I`m afraid at the moment Tozer-Atangana remind me of the Richards-Taylor combination,no pace,can`t tackle and not able to pass further than 2 yds.with any confidence.
everyman
CTFC03 wrote:I don't think we've replaced Pell or Winchester, if we had both of these players back we would be so close to having a potential top 7 squad.
Nobody in the squad looks comfortable with the ball,it`s not just confidence we need a natural playmaker who can keep possession and pick a positive pass not P.P.I.Pointless passing intent. ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Tozer a decent upgrade.
I`m afraid at the moment Tozer-Atangana remind me of the Richards-Taylor combination,no pace,can`t tackle and not able to pass further than 2 yds.with any confidence.
They shouldn’t both play. In my view it is one of them alongside a creator which should be the middle two.
Si Robin
In my opinion it should be a middle 3 and not a 2. Tozer and Nige can play the holding role, then let Maddox create in front of them.
The Old TomCat
The Old TomCat wrote:
He was also official Man of the Match:
https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry St Clair
The Old TomCat wrote: Winchester scores equalising goal in FGR's 4-1 away win at Grimsby. :D
Maybe, but what was he doing venturing forward from full back into the six yard box? Reckless.

Oh, hang on..........
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
He was also official Man of the Match:
https://twitter.com/FGRFC_Official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wait til Cooper destroys him.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote: He was also official Man of the Match:
That serves to prove the poor overall standard on the Grimsby pitch last Saturday. There won’t be many teams that will gift FGR easy goals from amateur level mistakes. Grimsby were in free-fall at the end of last season so they may just continue to keep you out of harms way, along with the hapless Morecambe.

Cooper has surely got to be one of the favourites for the sack this side of Christmas?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
That serves to prove the poor overall standard on the Grimsby pitch last Saturday. There won’t be many teams that will gift FGR easy goals from amateur level mistakes. Grimsby were in free-fall at the end of last season so they may just continue to keep you out of harms way, along with the hapless Morecambe.

Cooper has surely got to be one of the favourites for the sack this side of Christmas?
How Cooper survived last season God (or a higher power you identify with) only knows.
shevates
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Is that behind Johnson ??
Cooper has improved his side as we havnt, hopefully we will this week or start polishing our players
The Old TomCat
Latest video career updates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cz7yXfruVY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdTNQjxPYI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cz7yXfruVY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdTNQjxPYI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking forward to the post-CTFC video at Whaddon Road.
Shade
I seriously just hope the crowd ignores Winchester at Whaddon Road. Booing will just sound pathetic. We need to rise above the one that slithers on his belly.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I seriously just hope the crowd ignores Winchester at Whaddon Road. Booing will just sound pathetic. We need to rise above the one that slithers on his belly.
Yup, no boos. Just hearty applause when Nige comes out of a tackle with some of Winchester’s belly stuck in his studs.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:

Hilarious, so it is.
He has a nice big smile on his face, so he does.
I’ve one or two thoughts and comments, so I have:

Well, the smile on Winchester’s face, and the gleeful posting by OTC, completely overlooks the misery felt by the swathes of newly redundant staff of EcoTricity, or both Winchester and OTC are oblivious to the huge losses made by FGR and Ecotricity (somewhere in the region of £33M deficits across both businesses?), or they really don’t give a monkeys.

If I was a current Ecotricity employee worrying about the security of my job, or an ex-employee looking at the happy smiling FGR players responsible for sucking the life out of my former employment, that’s the last thing I would want to be watching.

Can’t believe OTC can be so insensitive to those people. Well, no, actually I can. Glory hunting sycophants are the worst.

Feedback from an EcoTricity employee review site:

“ReportShare

Company going under
Customer care (Former Employee) – Stroud, Gloucestershire – 21 July 2018
Writing this after the most recent batch of same day redundancies.

They are now totally unethical, handled the redundancies underhand and are now being investigated for it.

Current morale there is extremely low, higher management are mostly 'yes' men and women, just agreeing to the founder no matter what effect on the business.

Far too much money spent on FGR and eco Park.”
Si Robin
My sister said the same thing to me a year ago when she was made redundant by them.
Sprout Picker
Rushden all over again. :lol:
asl
Just being Devil's Advocate, but say Mike Ashley decides Cav House is one House of Fraser store too many and closes it down. Is that Newcastle United's fault? Should we pour scorn and ridicule on the Toon then buying Eisa from City for £24m?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Just being Devil's Advocate, but say Mike Ashley decides Cav House is one House of Fraser store too many and closes it down. Is that Newcastle United's fault? Should we pour scorn and ridicule on the Toon then buying Eisa from City for £24m?
But NUFC is profit making and doesn’t lose millions each year.