P = Pbefore + I * (W – We)

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Apologies if this has been posted before.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... tjwf8qecba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock:

England have risen to 6th in the latest rankings, apparently...
leohoenig
Is it just me, or have FIFA misplaced a "(" in the worked example?

In the meantime, FIFA have had to issue a clarification to their new code of ethics, after deciding to drop the words "and corruption" from bribery and corruption.

Apparently this is for clarity of langauge in English, Spanish and German. Apparently, the French still have corruption in the code.

I am not certain if it would be corrupt if BeIn sports (a Qatari organisation) was losing money on their TV deal for the French League, ever since the French (i.e. Michel Platini) voted for Qatar to stage the 2022 World Cup.
Shade
God knows how it works but I still don't understand how Uruguay have gone above us despite being knocked out of the tournament earlier.

Why do they need the word corruption in there at all when they have "FIFA" all over it, which basically means the same thing...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Same as my local sports regional ranking.

If I lose to someone I should do who is ranked way higher I lose zero points and they gain zero. If I lose to someone ranked worse than me I lose points - anything up to ten points depending how much worse. And vice versa if I beat someone ranked higher I get a lot of points if I beat someone lower I don’t. For more even matches where “expected result” is less obvious a win or loss will resul in +\-1 or 2 points. The rankings update every month.

At the end of the season everyone’s points are docked 20% and then it all starts again next season. The reason for docking points off everyone is so that someone can’t get a high ranking then stop playing to ensure they don’t lose it.